scholattu VIP
Total posts: 21
26 Apr 2017 10:36

Hi, I am having issue with the option for 'select category' while submission. I have a dropdown menu for every other type to select the category. But, just for one type, its only a textbox where you have to type. how to make that a dropdown? I have matched all the settings with toehr type & sections but still I cannot get that dropdown. it is like this file

and I want it to lookslike this file

COuld you please tell me where to change this.

thanks,

Last Modified: 27 Jun 2017

scholattu VIP
26 Apr 2017 10:57

Sorry, I have eventually found that setting, so you can ignore the above question.but I have a new question in the submission. Can i remove the following part from the submission as I dont need them file

I tried deleting the following code inside the submission template but that is breaking my submission as it wont let me submit after that.

<?php if($this->anywhere) : ?>
        <div class="control-group odd<?php echo $k = 1 - $k ?>">
            <label id="anywhere-lbl" class="control-label" >
                <?php if($params->get('tmpl_core.form_anywhere_icon', 1)):?>
                    <?php echo HTMLFormatHelper::icon('document-share.png');  ?>
                <?php endif;?>

<?php echo JText::_($this->tmpl_params->get('tmpl_core.form_label_anywhere', 'Where to post')) ?>
                <span class="pull-right" rel="tooltip" data-original-title="<?php echo JText::_('CREQUIRED')?>"><?php echo HTMLFormatHelper::icon('asterisk-small.png');  ?></span>
            </label>
            <div class="controls">
                <div id="field-alert-anywhere" class="alert alert-error" style="display:none"></div>
                <?php echo JHTML::_('cusers.wheretopost', @$this->item); ?>
            </div>
        </div>

<div class="control-group odd<?php echo $k = 1 - $k ?>">
            <label id="anywherewho-lbl" for="whorepost" class="control-label" >
                <?php if($params->get('tmpl_core.form_anywhere_who_icon', 1)):?>
                    <?php echo HTMLFormatHelper::icon('arrow-retweet.png');  ?>
                <?php endif;?>

<?php echo JText::_($this->tmpl_params->get('tmpl_core.form_label_anywhere_who', 'Who can repost')) ?>
            </label>
            <div class="controls">
                <div id="field-alert-anywhere" class="alert alert-error" style="display:none"></div>
                <?php echo $this->form->getInput('whorepost'); ?>
            </div>
        </div>
    <?php endif;?>

darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
26 Apr 2017 21:54

Hi, Go to cobalt >> section >> personalize

then Post anywhere make it NO, it is yes by default.

It will do what you need. Thank you.

scholattu VIP
27 Jun 2017 09:56

Hi, I am also having a similar issue with submission. How can I submit a record to two different categories (in two different sections actually)? I am using a submit module for submission and its only giving me option to select nly one section in the module settings

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 Jun 2017 12:12

darkhoros Go to cobalt >> section >> personalize then Post anywhere make it NO, it is yes by default.

Exactly!

Marking this topic and initial question as "solved".