scholattu VIP
Total posts: 21
23 Mar 2017 15:45

Hi, I have just bought the cobalt complete package. I had done websites with Mighty Resources with Joomla1.5 which I found much better as I can add records from backend. The website I am looking to do doesn't need any frontend submission. Now, if cobalt only can submit from the frontend, I will need to make sure no submit or login buttons are shown to the public. Now, I am having difficulty straightaway after setting up one field type & caegory and try to submit from the frontend. Here is the error message. 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND user_id = 849' at line 3 SQL=SELECT id as value, title as text FROM #__js_res_record WHERE published = 1 AND hidden = 0 AND section_id = 6 AND type_id IN() AND user_id = 849

could you please tell what is wrong with this

thanks, Sandeep

Last Modified: 14 Apr 2017

scholattu VIP
23 Mar 2017 16:12

Also, how can I hide '+Post Content' icon from the public as I don't want public to post it or see such an option because this is a product catalog website i am setting up

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Mar 2017 18:55

Hello scholattu,

Your SQL error seem to be related to an EMPTY TYPE ID? Please, check your configuration again… make sure you have selected and connected a type to your section.
See your Section -> General Parameters tab -> Submission

Also make sure you have selected a default template in type and section, AND always SAVE the template settings once.
See your Section -> General Parameters tab -> Templates (select names and click edit button, click save in modal window)

Submission

See your Type -> Submission Parameters tab -> Submission behavior -> Who can Submit

Additionally you have many options and parameters for the Section's Menu bar:
See Section -> General parameters tab -> Templates -> Markup layout (click edit button) -> See Section Menu tab -> New Records etc.

Apart from the section menu:
You can also setup a J! menuItem type for record ubmission.
Or you can use the special submit module.

Hope this helps.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Mar 2017 08:05

I am not absolutely clear when you see this error? In the article list of r full article view or submission form. What link shows you this error.

scholattu VIP
28 Mar 2017 10:30

Hi, I found the problem. It was because i had a relate child field which was not connected a relate parent in that type.

thanks for your help anyway. I am still having issues with this frontend submission though. I would really wish if i could add records from the backend or in a better way as this website only need the admin to upload content into that. Where is the submission template located ? so that I can edit that.

regards,

scholattu VIP
28 Mar 2017 10:42

For example, I don;t want a login button to be shown for all visitors to the website. Also, I don't want a +Post Content icon either for the visitors. It is a product catalaog website I am setting up and who wants all these visible to public in the website? Could you please advise what way I can submit content without showing all these to the public?

thanks,

pepperstreet VIP
28 Mar 2017 15:46

scholattu Could you please advise what way I can submit content without showing all these to the public?

Please, see my previous comment under Submission and Section's Menu Bar.
The latter can be hidden entirely, or many single features and icons.
There is either a show/hide toggle, or a Joomla ACL selectbox.
So you have to choose a suitable ACL/usergroup for submission features.

Almost everything related to display, can be found in respective templates. (must-read!)

The submission template itself is located here:
../components/com_cobalt/views/form/tmpl/default_form_*

scholattu VIP
29 Mar 2017 16:25

pepperstreet

scholattu Could you please advise what way I can submit content without showing all these to the public?

Please, see my previous comment under Submission and Section's Menu Bar.

The latter can be hidden entirely, or many single features and icons.

There is either a show/hide toggle, or a Joomla ACL selectbox.

So you have to choose a suitable ACL/usergroup for submission features.

Almost everything related to display, can be found in respective templates. (must-read!)

The submission template itself is located here:

../components/com_cobalt/views/form/tmpl/default_form_*

How does a user login can be done for the system to recognise submission is allowed for a user and not the public? I don't want a login button on the website.

scholattu VIP
30 Mar 2017 15:06

I don't want to put a login button on the website. So, how do I get cobalt to recognise the admin user? Is there anyway I can link the content submission from the backend?

pepperstreet VIP
31 Mar 2017 03:32

scholattu Is there anyway I can link the content submission from the backend?

Sorry. I don't understand.

If you have read my previous comment you should easily find and see your options in Cobalt.

In short:
- Restrict content submission to registered users or admins (see type parameters)
- check Section's template parameters -> Markup Layout -> Section Menu tab
- Alternatively, you can setup and restrict a J! MenuItem for Cobalt submission
- Or you can even use the Submission module

Any of these options allow to use a so-called ACL. A Joomla Access Control level.
If set to registered or higher level... a guest user can't see anything related to submission.

Sergey
31 Mar 2017 04:52

scholattu I don't want to put a login button on the website.

1. Create a nebu and cal in Hidden
  2. Add element there to user login page and make alias secret_login
  3. Now you can manually navigate to http://site.com/secret_login and login to frontend without publishing login link to public.

pepperstreet VIP
31 Mar 2017 21:24

Sergey Create a menu and call it Hidden

Latest Joomla allows to hide menuitems in their parameters ;) Just a tick of a checkbox! No need for an extra menu.

Sergey
14 Apr 2017 06:36

pepperstreet

Sergey Create a menu and call it Hidden

Latest Joomla allows to hide menuitems in their parameters ;) Just a tick of a checkbox! No need for an extra menu.

Cool. I did notknow about that. Probably should be there in Joomla 2.5 already.