Mel VIP
Total posts: 126
06 Apr 2017 07:05

When using 'Range date picker' and 'Inputs default value' is set to 'Nothing' the current day is always selected in the calendar that opens. How to make it so no date is pre-selected before choosing start and end dates?

I need Date range display in article view to look like this: 22 Apr 2017 - 24 May 2017 - 32 days (where 32 days is the number of days in the date range). But it always looks like this: 22 Apr 2017 - 16 days - 24 May 2017 - 48 days (16 days from now to start and 48 days from now to end) and I cannot figure out how to change it in the settings. How can I make it look like the first example?

Thanks for your help

Last Modified: 24 Apr 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Apr 2017 12:08

I am not sure you can completely keep popup calendar not preselected. It will select at least today. This is how calendar JS works I think and there is not much I can do about this.

Regarding you view presentation, I think of only one way. Make a dublicate of range output template and edit it. Set this for your field.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/custom-templates-fields

Mel VIP
11 Apr 2017 07:40

Hi Sergey

About the pre-selected date in the popup calendar. I'll give you an example of the problem with having the current date pre-selected-

Assuming a user wants to submit a 10 day event starting on the April 20 (9 days from now), when they click the calendar button, in the calendar that opens, the current date in the month is highlighted (April 11). They now click the start date of the event (April 20) which selects all the days from the current date to the start date (9 days which are not wanted). They then click the end date of the event (April 30) which adds 10 days to the selection so that all the dates from the current date to the end date are selected. If they realise this then they have to fiddle with the date selection to get it right. If they don't realise this then the event dates are submitted wrong. Our users are not computer smart and many will get it wrong. If there is no date pre-selected when the calendar opens then there would be no mistakes made and no need to fiddle with the calendar dates to get it right.

About the view presentation. I understand I can make a custom template to remove the 'days' in the middle of the display but the real problem is the total days that show at the end should just be the days of the event, not the days from current date to end of event. For example a music festival starting a month from now that goes for a week should show 7 days, not the days from when the user submitted the event to the end of the event. How can I make it show just the days of the event?

Thanks for your help

Sergey
13 Apr 2017 06:10

I get it no.

I have checked the coe and mootools datapicker plugin and i could not find an option to keep date not selected.

I also have plaid with datapicker.JS file with attempt to fix it myself. But without success.

Mel VIP
16 Apr 2017 13:03

We can maybe get by with the submit date always selected. I just have to educate the users.

But the date range picker is not so easy to dismiss. Today if I submit an event starting in 10 days and the event lasts 10 days the view presentation should show the number 10 after the start and end dates because that is the number of days of the event - should it not? But your date pickers counts from submit date (today) to the end of the event which is 20 days - this is wrong. Are you saying that there is nothing more can be done?

Sergey
24 Apr 2017 14:13

If youse did not notice that start date is today rather than the day he wants someday in the future, there is nothing I can do.