Mel VIP
Total posts: 126
06 May 2014 06:23

I have tried to change the initial latitude and longitude parameter of the map template but it does not work. The map is always centered on Ethiopia in Africa.

Also the initial zoom does not change when I change the figure in the map template parameters.

Thanks for your help

Last Modified: 16 May 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2014 11:46

Where are you located? May be it trys to detect your position automaticaly? Ther is parameter initiate position. When it is on it try to get position based on IP.

Mel VIP
07 May 2014 06:20

I am located in Australia

That parameter (detect position automatically) is part of the geo field settings (Google map input) to show the user his approximate location before he enters his address in the geo field.

Where I am having problems is the map display template for all the records locations. Section > general parameters > templates > record list > map.

There is ‘Initial zoom’, ‘initial latitude’ and ‘initial longitude’ but no setting to detect position automatically.

Sergey
08 May 2014 10:51

Now I see. Map is adjusted automaticaly to fit all markers. Just add few articles theer and you will see.

Mel VIP
14 May 2014 07:26

Hi Sergey

After I imported 558 records into the database below is what the default map view looks like.

ScreenShot081

I need the map to be centered on Australia and zoomed in more but the map template settings do not work.

Is the problem caused by the "Fit all markers to map" button? It is highlighted all the time and cannot be switched off.

How can I remove this feature? I can turn off all the other buttons in the map settings but not this one.

Thanks for your help.

Sergey
15 May 2014 05:10

Mel Is the problem caused by the "Fit all markers to map" button?

Not only buton. This button code is triggereed automaticaly on map render. You cannot turn this button off. This is mast have button.

But why this is not ok for you? With only one clik user may move to Australia at the same time user see all the other locations.

Mel VIP
15 May 2014 09:45

I would like to zoom in because it is not necessary to see North and South America as well as Australia and Asia twice on the one map. It has no purpose. The centering on Australia is not so important but as the new site is now Australian based with the .com.au extension most visitors will be from Australia. Why have the ‘initial zoom’ and ‘initial latitude’ and ‘longitude’ parameters if they do not work?

There is another reason I need to change the initial zoom. I would like to make the map height taller. But when I do there is a grey bar at the top which looks terrible. I would like to make it taller than in the example picture above but then the grey bar will be even wider.

Mel VIP
15 May 2014 09:57

Here is what it looks like 600px tall at 100% width. I turned clustering off. And now there is a grey bar at the bottom as well. ScreenShot083

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 May 2014 12:49

Sergey This button code is triggereed automaticaly on map render. You cannot turn this button off. This is mast have button.

The button is o.k. It could be visible all the time. Most likely the feature speeds up a manually moved and zoomed map. So, it is a time saver on map usage.

Although, there should be a parameter to disable it, like for any other button. Why?

• makes it complete, and follows the logic for all other available options
  • Allows to use the initial map center parameters. (currently it doesn,t make sense with auto-framing)

Sergey
16 May 2014 04:43

Done. And I am updating geo field in a minute.

Mel VIP
16 May 2014 07:56

Thanks Sergey, I really appreciate you doing this.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 May 2014 08:30

Sergey Done. And I am updating geo field in a minute.

+1