Mel VIP
Total posts: 126
24 Feb 2014 00:35

Is it possible to have the title automatically generated from user submitted fields? For example I need the title to be the users location. So the user enters country, state and city in the ‘Location and address’ field. How can I make the title be the country, state and city? It needs to be in the url.

Thanks for your help

Last Modified: 10 Mar 2014

24 Feb 2014 05:22

This will be another flexibility Cobalt could claim if they implement it. I also need this.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
24 Feb 2014 06:03

I need the title to be the users location. So the user enters country, state and city in the ‘Location and address’ field i already requested too, would be very usefull

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Feb 2014 07:11

Ok. We have composite title. This is exactly what it stands for. You enter field IDs and it replace it in a title.

But the GEO is the only field that doesn't support composite title. That because it stores too many data. I do тещ know what you want in title and what does not. I will have to add allow in composite title parameter for every GEO field element.

So only solution is to create title in custom template. It will be not real title of article, but it will looks like a title.

But of course as it is not a title there will not be alias in URl with that data.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Feb 2014 17:13

That because it stores too many data. I do тещ know what you want in title and what does not. I will have to add allow in composite title parameter for every GEO field element.

I assume GEO field stores everything in an array... is it 1 level deep? Does it make sense to add an additional number (delta?) to the basic field-id? Like you did for DATE format and RANDOM.

Just guessing... here a quick example:

[99] a regular Cobalt field with id 99.

[42::1] a GEO field with field-id 42, where I get the 1st value from the data array.

[42::3] a GEO field with field-id 42, where I get the 3rd value from the data array.

Maybe this concept does also apply for other Multi-Value fields? So, one can retrieve/extract a certain value of a range of values?

Sergey
24 Feb 2014 23:07

Brilliant as usual!

Sergey
24 Feb 2014 23:32

Done. For city in geo [23::address::city] Because geo saves 2 level array. First key is address and it contain array with index city and other like country, state, ....

Sergey
25 Feb 2014 08:32

ust 1 question,can record field look for "the same field value "in geo please?

We have distance. It is the same data. But if you need the same address or telephone then not.

I mean it is possible but difficult to implement.

What in particular you want to compare? Address? Country?

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
25 Feb 2014 10:00

Hidden text

Mel VIP
27 Feb 2014 23:59

Hi Sergey

I updated to latest Cobolt and changed the Type > General parameters > Article title to ‘Composit title’ and then put in Composit Title Mask - [23::address::city::state::country] (23 is my geo field ID).

I then submitted a new record but there is no title showing.

Also in the url, instead of the title is /9-2014-02-28-04-18-50/.

As well after upgrade I get this error which wasn’t there before:

Warning

Error loading component: com_uddeim, Component not found

Sergey
28 Feb 2014 01:12

You can insert only one field at a time

[23::address::city]-[23::address::state]-[23::address::country]

Error loading component: com_uddeim, Component not found

Fixed and will be updated today.

28 Feb 2014 03:09

Hi Sergey,

Thanks fo rthis. Can we able to use two titles?, means one main titles and another mini titles which will display under main title.

Mel VIP
01 Mar 2014 00:05

Thanks Sergey but after I submit new record the title looks like this:

Fremont-[23::address::state]-[23::address::country]

Only the code in the first square brackets worked.

Sergey
01 Mar 2014 22:59

Can we able to use two titles?, means one main titles and another mini titles which will display under main title.

I think you can do that like this

This is main part [23]
this is second [12]

Sergey
01 Mar 2014 23:07

Only the code in the first square brackets worked.

There will be problem with [23::address::country]. Because geo field store country as code2. like US, UK, RU, ... So you will nor get full country name anyway.

And I tested and I do have country in custom title

Mel VIP
03 Mar 2014 03:30

Hi Sergey

(I tried to upload pictures to show what happens to me but each time the upload fails with this error: "There was an error attempting to upload the file.[object ProgressEvent]")

I put the following text in Article title / composit title mask. [23::address::city]-[23::address::state]-[23::address::country]

I have a record I want to submit in Catania Sicily Italy

After I submit the record the title is - Catania-[23::address::state]-[23::address::country]

And the url is: www.xxxxxx.com/list/user-item/601-tom/11-catania-23-address-state-23-address-country

What am I doing wrong?

Sergey
03 Mar 2014 04:30

Mel (I tried to upload pictures to show what happens to me but each time the upload fails with this error: "There was an error attempting to upload the file.[object ProgressEvent]")

Fixed. I had to add new CORS rule on AWS S3 buket to accept uploads from www.mintjoomla.com domain.

Please try tu upload you screenshot.

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
03 Mar 2014 12:00

Sergey

Can we able to use two titles?, means one main titles and another mini titles which will display under main title.

I think you can do that like this

This is main part [23] this is second [12]

Hi Sergey,

I just came to know the new forum look. It looks good to me.

But my question with your above suggestion was: with this approach, the breadcrumb gets the html syntax. Is there anyway we can have html syntax allowed in breadcrumb?

Sergey
03 Mar 2014 12:34

brianpat I just came to know the new forum look. It looks good to me.

We have not yet finished with it. We will adjast typography more.

brianpat Is there anyway we can have html syntax allowed in breadcrumb?

Breadcrumbs shows article title. And article title generated on article store. And if composite title have been succesfuly built, you will see it in breadcrumbs too.

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
03 Mar 2014 13:54

Sergey

brianpat I just came to know the new forum look. It looks good to me.

We have not yet finished with it. We will adjast typography more.

brianpat Is there anyway we can have html syntax allowed in breadcrumb?

Breadcrumbs shows article title. And article title generated on article store. And if composite title have been succesfuly built, you will see it in breadcrumbs too.

The problem here is composite articles are showing up correctly on front end, however if you look at the breadcrumb, you will see html syntax in there. How can we eliminate this problem?

Sergey
03 Mar 2014 15:04

Fixed in upcoming version. I have preg_match instead of preg_match_all. That is why it was replacing only first occasion.