ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
22 Nov 2013 23:03

my current cobalt version is 8.360 ( everything ) . last week my subscription has been expired. can i update cobalt with free version ?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Nov 2013 19:17

Most likely... yes.

Should work fine, ss long as there are no deeper field dependencies or changes in core. Template-packs and advanced field updates might get incompatible over time... or you simply don't get a certain result. But in general it should be no big problem. Always checkout the changelogs and altered fields.

ron.du VIP
23 Nov 2013 22:06

BTW, forgot about the last changes in update method! Maybe this can have an impact on your version. Not sure. Please wait for Sergey's official answer. In that case i should not update from 361. Thankyou pepperstreet

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Nov 2013 00:23

New update method should be safe. It is the same as for free as for everything packages.

The only bad thing that may happen to you on update free over everything is that you will lose custom templates. But that is not always happen and even if happen only once. Then all packages as everything as free works fine.

You will be able to update free until compatibility with fields will bot be lost. And i do not think this will happen before Cobalt 9. So you may surely wait, until you update your subscription.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
24 Nov 2013 21:04

can i update cobalt with free version ?

The only problem i am aware of, is that you can eventually lose the customized templates like field output templates.

Before updating, i would highly suggest to make a backup (not only database, full backup with all files).

On a side note, i would encourage everyone to continue the subscription (if one can afford) to provide needed resources for MintJoomla to ensure a timely delivery of new features and a more stable product.

ron.du VIP
25 Nov 2013 03:41

On a side note, i would encourage everyone to continue the subscription (if one can afford) to provide needed resources for MintJoomla to ensure a timely delivery of new features and a more stable product. I will do . just taking time at the moment . also i am waiting for c9 for its ajax feature and separate field editing

thanks for all responses :)