ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
16 Aug 2013 05:05

AUP 1.9 has been released for joomla 3.1

Is it possible to integrate point system ( like jomsocial events karma? )

In addition can it possible to use points to access content resource of cobalt 8? i really want this feature

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Aug 2013 09:46

I think AUP integration is very possible. We have everything for that.

And restriction by karma is on its way. We will definitely add it as it was previous feature of Mighty Resources together with Mighty Touch. But this is not soon I think. But eventually yes, it will be there. Cobalt 9 I think.

Sergey
19 Aug 2013 02:21

it will be nice if cobalt introduce AUP pints as an another payment gateway in SSI

Good idea.

ron.du VIP
19 Aug 2013 10:40
Delwar Hossain

it will be nice if cobalt introduce AUP pints as an another payment gateway in SSI 

Good idea.

I think for this part you can develop for cobalt 8 . i am aware that you have plan AUP integration for C9 . but AUP point as SSI gateway can be developed earlier??

Thank You

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
20 Aug 2013 09:22

And an even easier task would be to add option to include example 50 AUP credits on a specific Emerald plan.

Sergey
22 Aug 2013 01:08

Yes that would be great too.

24 Dec 2013 04:34

I vote for this idea!

Sergey
24 Dec 2013 04:59

I started AUP integration, but it now looks like it is impossible to integrate. AUP is bonded to only one technique to add points. Every event have to have ID. And it is XML. But Cobalt has different rules for every section but the same event name.

I mean it is long to explain but as for now AUP seems not integratable. It is limited to single idea component oriented. And discussion with AUP developer did not solve the issue. May be there is a solution but I still do not see it.

24 Dec 2013 05:04

I see... and what about integration with easysocial points/badges?

possible? already done?

I see in easysocial an option to "install" new badges, but I am not sure if this means that 3d party components could be easily integrated

ron.du VIP
24 Dec 2013 08:55

I started AUP integration, but it now looks like it is impossible to integrate. AUP is bonded to only one technique to add points. Every event have to have ID. And it is XML. But Cobalt has different rules for every section but the same event name.

I mean it is long to explain but as for now AUP seems not integratable. It is limited to single idea component oriented. And discussion with AUP developer did not solve the issue. May be there is a solution but I still do not see it.

Its really sad as i depends on aup points for many features.

Thankx Sergey for your effort and hope there will be a way to find

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Dec 2013 17:56

AUP seems not integratable. It is limited to single idea component oriented. And discussion with AUP developer did not solve the issue. May be there is a solution but I still do not see it.

I think, in the worst case... this limitation is no reason to wait. Then we have to live with a "global" or 1-section solution. Not sure if this needs a "toggle" in Section events tab... or mayby in a special AUP/Cobalt plugin, where you select and restrict the section!?!

Regarding the (unique) ID, do Cobalt events have no ID at all?

Sergey
24 Dec 2013 23:14

I see... and what about integration with easysocial points/badges?

This is already integrated in easysocial integration package,

Sergey
24 Dec 2013 23:16

Regarding the (unique) ID, do Cobalt events have no ID at all?

They do have IDs but those IDs are same through all section. This means that ID of New record event is the same in every section.

Sergey
25 Dec 2013 23:05

I have special column section_id in notifications table. This is how i separate them. But even is the same in every section and it is ok. I only change section name in the text of event. But karma points are different in every section. And that is not the problem< I know in what section I am and what amount to add or subtract. That is what I did in jomsocial and easysicial. Those also have only one configuration line works for only one section. But I could add points directly, not using core mechanism. Because only thing that matters there is total amount and new addition is not connected to event ID.

AUP is not only carma but also sort of activity log extension. The problem it does not allow odd points without event ID (rule ID). Even if I just run "UPDATE #__aup_points SET count += 10" or something like that (I mean add points directly) that will not work.

Sergey
29 Dec 2013 23:23

This ID is a name of XML rule.