ericdavisosu
Total posts: 11
05 Sep 2013 18:34

On my server both Komento and JComments have js problems that prevent full functionality and limit their usefulness. The native comment solution works great out of the box. The only feature I don't want to give up is being able to search the text of comments (for forum functionality). I am guessing that comments are based on a Cobalt content type so hopefully it is an easy matter to get them working with the search plugin that already exists.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Sep 2013 07:12

Comment systems are exchangeable. Cobalt core Comments are not based on types. AFAIK, those core comments are not searchable at all. But they come with a special set of parameters for access permissions, attachments etc.

Cobalt type as Comment is a powerful alternative. The articles/comments can be stored in the same section, in its sub-categories, or a total different section.

Since they are cobalt articles in a section it is possible to include or exclude them from search plugin. (hence plugin parameters). You can also use Cobalts advanced search and filter features.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Sep 2013 07:15

Here is the parameter set of Cobalt Types as Comments.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Sep 2013 04:58

The only feature I don't want to give up is being able to search the text of comments (for forum functionality).

Somehow I missed that. This is indeed important feature. I have added it next version.

Sergey
09 Sep 2013 00:43

Do you mean Cobalt Core Comments and J! search plugin?

I mean cobalt comments core, cobalt comments type as comment, koemnto and JComments. All how add it's text to article full text index. As a result as cobalt search as о! search uses that index.

Sergey
11 Sep 2013 00:33

I thought core comments (except for cobalt types) are not searched or indexed.

You see although cobal type as comment is searchable but not as expected. I mean you can find individual comment articles. But request was that you search parent article that contain searched text in comment articles. For that text of comment articles have to be added to parent article fulltext index.