ngarasan VIP
Total posts: 181
12 Dec 2012 21:55

Hi,

I have 2 type. The first one named Tutorial with section also named Tutorial and the second named Project Sample with section also named Project Sample.

In Type Project Sample, I use Field Read Also.

I want this Field show me record from Tutorial section only.

How can I achieve that?

Thank you

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Dec 2012 23:14

You will probably have to use field records. Read also only link articles within one section.

ngarasan VIP
13 Dec 2012 00:29

Oh..

Actually, I need a relation field which require user input such as Read Also. Records can not do that. Read Also is really great field.

Is it possible to add this feature in Read Also?

Sergey
13 Dec 2012 00:50

Then you may use Parent/Child. Users will be able to select tutorials for every project.

ngarasan VIP
14 Dec 2012 02:43

Are there any option for "Single Bound/Double Bound" for Parent/Child?

I need this feature as well as in Read Also.

:D

*you may call me greedy..

:D

Sergey
14 Dec 2012 03:08

This is by default single. You will see only records that you have selected.

ngarasan VIP
14 Dec 2012 03:27

Great! Let me try..

Thank you..

ngarasan VIP
20 Dec 2012 19:34

Hi,

I am confuse..

Here is what I want:

I have an article in Project Samples Section and Type. In this article, I want to have links of articles from other section (called Tutorials). But I don't want to put links on Tutorials article toward Project Samples.

I wish Read Also field could show article from other section, then my problem is solved.

Now, how to achieve this using Relation Field?

Which Field (parent/child) should I put on "Project Sample"? And what to do next?

Please help.

Sergey
20 Dec 2012 20:50

I have an article in Project Samples Section and Type. In this article, I want to have links of articles from other section (called Tutorials). But I don't want to put links on Tutorials article toward Project Samples.

Then tutorial is a child and Project sample is a parent. Just do not show child field in tutorial type in the list and in the full and even form. So it is there to have connection but users do not see it. Also you may hide parent field in project from the form. When you create project you do not see tutorials if on the moment of project creation you do not have any tutorials for it yet. ANd use only add new button to add new tutorial.

I can suggest more if you tell me.

1. Could it be so that one tutorial is attached to few projects?

2. Are there any tutorials ready to attach on the moment you start new project?

ngarasan VIP
20 Dec 2012 21:18

Yes. One Tutorial may have several Project Samples.

Yes. Tutorials is ready to attach on the moment I start the project.

Sergey
20 Dec 2012 22:38

How to hide the Field in Form Submission?

Set submission rights for special only.Not by unpublished. Then you just make it inactive. But we need it active. Only invisible.

ngarasan VIP
21 Dec 2012 01:20

I can suggest more if you tell me.

So, what your suggestion? :)

Sergey
21 Dec 2012 06:29

Suggestion is the same as above. no changes. But now I am absolutely sure you need relate fileds not read also.