ilan76
Total posts: 5
25 Aug 2013 13:44

Hi,

Can I create a crowdfunding platform (like kickstarter) witch cobalt?

Also, can I create different user profiles/logins (example: students,teachers,parents), with different relations, fields, access, etc.?

Thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Aug 2013 09:44

I think yes. But you will probably need custom fields. Like bids which calculate how much total project raised.

Also, can I create different user profiles/logins (example: students,teachers,parents), with different relations, fields, access, etc.?

Cobalt has nothing to do with registration. I do not know if there is a component that can allow register different users under different groups but if you find Cobalt may manage fields access based on accesslevel.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Aug 2013 12:15

Nothing is impossible... but I would suggest to have a look at a "crowdfunding clone script" (google is your friend).

Or if you are addicted to Joomla, you might try this free extension:

CrowdFunding (JED entry)

Regarding your user profiles and groups:

There is jGive by TechJoomla with Community integration for CommunityBuilder and JomSocial

Nordmograph's Groups Crowdfunding is also related to CB and JomSocial. The specialty: It utilizes their Groups feature. In regards of CB -> you will need the extra CB GroupJive plugin.

Heads-Up: CB and JomSocial might need add-ons to achieve best results. i.e. CB Privacy and CB AutoActions are commercial, JomSocial is not free. The build-in MultipleProfiles have their limits. Joomlaxi has a much more advanced ProfileType add-on called "JSPT". Currently in J3 beta version.

ilan76
28 Aug 2013 13:20

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answers.

pepperstreet: Thank you for your detailed answer. I'm aware of these extensions but they're pretty basic and not extendable (can't integrate with other extensions, limited payment methods - need to make payments only after goal is met, no custom fields, no plugins, etc.).

That's why I thought maybe it can be achieved with Cobalt(or other CCK), which can have more features, fields and more control...

ilan76
29 Aug 2013 01:26

Yup, this could be an interesting "challenge" use case for showcasing Cobalt capabilities, building a similar Crowdfunding platform like Kickstarter, with custom capabilities and fields, and integrating other Joomla plugins...