geojoomla
Total posts: 73
18 Aug 2012 04:34

I'm thinking of a points system like:

Joom Credits

Alpha User Points

My suggestion would combine the two:

Use points to reward users for various activities (posts to forums, write articles, vote etc) = like alpha points

For certain number of points, user is rewarded discounts for products that admin sells = like alphapoints

Points can be bought by users = like both

Points can be transferred between users (donations) = like both

Points can be charged by authors, to allow users access their info (articles, images, videos, downloads etc) - multi-vendor system = like joom credits

Points become technically the website own "currency". = both

People have their own balance, can topup balance by buying from admin or by selling own work, can withdraw points (like paypal, but points, not money)

= much better than both

Something close but not really, was probably the karma in MightyTouch and/or part of MightyCommerce, and possibly easier to implement...(?)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Aug 2012 09:19

This is exactly what we are doing right now with Cobalt 8.

I'll tell you more in detail. We want to create events all over Cobalt so we can write Cobalt plugins that can be integrated with Point/Credits extensions and Activity extensions.

Moving it to event driven mechanism we will be able to create system when you integrate with few extension at the same time. Not like now you select in Cobalt global config you want to integarte with com_profiler or com_community. One will be able to have both on the one site and Cobalt will be integrated to both of them at the same time.

For example some one Added article and Cobalt added it to Activity Pro, JomSocial, added 5 points in AlphaUserPoint and 10 points in Joom Credits.

But to implement this integrations we need to change Cobalt core. That is why it is moved to Cobalt 8.