randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
21 Jul 2017 23:52

I'm trying to import Glossary records, but the Next button is inactive after selecting csv file. Steps: - go to Cobalt Import menu item - press "Select file" button - choose csv file - message "Upload completed!" displays - (cannot press Next button or Configure link)

I have tried - both .csv and .zip formats - using comma and semi-colon delimiters - browsers Chrome, IE and Edge with same result, so I'm guessing it's something to do with my upload file.

My test.csv file has one single line: 1,Test Glossary Title,Test Glossary Description

Any suggestions are greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Edit: I've found the following forum article describing the same problem, including the looping GET 404 NOT FOUND error located using Chrome / Developer tools / Network, but the article doesn't describe the solution... anyone? http://www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-forum/user-item/1611-derrick-bass/48-cobalt-8/2624.html?start=20

Regards, Randall.

Last Modified: 07 Dec 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Jul 2017 04:33

Please drop your CSV here. I'll check it.

Sergey
10 Aug 2017 12:45

Your file is not correct. It only contacin dheader row. It does not contain any data.

randallw VIP
08 Sep 2017 23:53

Thanks for confirming my data file requires a header row, Sergey. I retried with the same result.

Looking into Chrome Developer Console I found the following, but don't know enough to understand what I'm looking at, or if it's relevant

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)

Error parsing a meta element's content: ';' is not a valid key-value pair separator. Please use ',' instead. (cobalt-import:108)
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE (piwik.js)
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (5051504913541.json)
GET https://www.mydomainname.com/tmp/1504913541.json?dataType=json 404 (Not Found) (cobalt-import:288) <--- this line repeats continuously

Any assistance understanding more or pointers on what to investigate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards, Randall.

Sergey
22 Sep 2017 10:20

This list of errors tells not much. I need to click on thosee errors which will bring to the part of the code where error is. I need to see what is there.

randallw VIP
04 Nov 2017 23:34

I finally figured out how to use Chrome Dev Tools to locate the code:

Repeating error --> GET https://www.mydomainname.com/tmp/1509837934.json?dataType=json 404 (Not Found) [VM391:formatted:38] highlighted the following code line --> t.apply(u, arguments)

randallw VIP
06 Nov 2017 07:28

Can anyone provide insight into why the import functionality is not working for me? I am happy to delve into semi-technical areas, but at this point I don't know how to further troubleshoot this issue.

Sergey
12 Nov 2017 05:41

Import button does not work because activation of this button is done by JavaScript. But since you have JS error, JS execution is interupted.

Try to access this file https://www.mydomainname.com/tmp/1504913541.json?dataType=json in the browser and see what it shows.

randallw VIP
22 Nov 2017 13:34

When copying and pasting the json url in the browser I receive an error page with the following title: 404 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: cobalt, html, cobaltView

I have also attached the file I am trying to upload, in case there is a simple problem with the data format cobalt-test-upload

Thank you Sergey

randallw VIP
04 Dec 2017 07:15

Does anyone have steps to troubleshoot and resolve Cobalt Import issues? I am familiar with programming, but not web technologies, so I can read and follow any web guides if someone can point me in the right direction.

Alternatively, is there a step by step guide to create a very simple/generic/meaningless setup in Cobalt and steps to setup and run the Cobalt Import... just to prove that it either works or if there is a server-side problem.