randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
01 Mar 2015 11:49

Hi, I got Cobalt to update correctly when using PayToAccess with PayPal Sandbox but with Adaptive Payments turned OFF. This was using a PayPal Personal sandbox account.

When trying to use Adaptive Payments and a PayPal Business sandbox account, the PayPal payments seemed to be recorded correctly in PayPal Sandbox between "buyer", "business" and "seller" test accounts. Problem is that the buyer is redirected back to the root of my Cobalt website and payment is not recorded.

In the PayPal Business account, what IPN Notification URL should I enter? At the moment I have left this as my site url, which could be the root cause of the problem.

Can somebody please explain what setup is required in Cobalt/PayPal to allow my second scenario (using Adaptive Payments) to automatically update my Cobalt instance with payment details?

Thanks, Randall.

Last Modified: 15 Jul 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Mar 2015 11:37

randallw In the PayPal Business account, what IPN Notification URL should I enter?

Any URL. Cobalt override IPN URL for each transaction. Just make sure it is enabled.

randallw PayPal Sandbox between "buyer", "business" and "seller" test accounts

So actualy seller have to have IPN on.

randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
03 Mar 2015 11:07

Thanks for your reply Sergey. Although I have not yet got this to work, I will most likely not use Adaptive Payments because I cannot control the seller's Paypal account and therefore cannot give my members a consistent purchase experience.

Sergey
04 Mar 2015 00:33

This should be your requirment for sellers.

exander05 VIP
Total posts: 5
12 Jul 2015 02:28

You may need to look into this. I'm testing Paypal gateway on my site, and I am not receiving any IPN notifications from Paypal, in both Sandbox and Live mode. But, according to Paypal's site, in IPN History it shows as being sent successfully.

Sergey
14 Jul 2015 06:21

exander05 You may need to look into this. I'm testing Paypal gateway on my site, and I am not receiving any IPN notifications from Paypal, in both Sandbox and Live mode. But, according to Paypal's site, in IPN History it shows as being sent successfully.

Copy/paste IPN URL that was sent to the site here. I'll see what could be the reason.

exander05 VIP
Total posts: 5
14 Jul 2015 19:38

Sergey

exander05 You may need to look into this. I'm testing Paypal gateway on my site, and I am not receiving any IPN notifications from Paypal, in both Sandbox and Live mode. But, according to Paypal's site, in IPN History it shows as being sent successfully.

Copy/paste IPN URL that was sent to the site here. I'll see what could be the reason.

IPN URL: http://nobrokerfreight.com/dashboard/safepay-view-test?task=field.call& ;func=onReceivePayment&field_id=178&record_id=2554511

It typically throws the following error: Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/admin/public_html/live/dashboard/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 690

Sergey
15 Jul 2015 17:17

Give me full access to your site inclufing FTP I'll have a look.

Sergey
15 Jul 2015 17:19

I checked URL and I have login message. It means that eother site is online only for admin or menu element of this link is protected. That is why IPN cannot reach your site. Your site require login for IPN request.