randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
26 Feb 2015 11:53

Hi, I would like to show some fields in Full Article view then the PayToAccess field, requiring payment before receiving access to the remaining fields. Is this possible and if so, please advise basic configuration steps.

If not possible, what is the best way to achieve a similar effect, such as displaying all content of a HTML field before the Read More button and replacing the Read More button with the PayToAccess field in order to gain access to all fields.

Another idea might be to use the field grouping. Full article view would then display ungrouped fields in the article header, with tabs grouping free fields. Another tab would group paid fields which require PayToAccess before displaying.

Basically, I'm looking at best way to give the registered member a good introduction/preview to what is available in the full record, which contains various fields such as select, status, html and video fields in addition to PayToAccess.

Thanks, Randall.

Last Modified: 27 Feb 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Feb 2015 04:55

Pay to access protect access to full article. So you cannot use it at all. Because user will not be able to open article untill he pay.

The idea was to show all that is allowed in the list and all that is protected in full view.

For example you have very short intro in the list of articles. But there is hidden information. You click more and it is slide down right there in the list. This way you do nto overload your list with information at the same time you give user everything he can acess for free.

YOu can do it with custom template.

randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
27 Feb 2015 08:59

Perfect, thanks Sergey. I will use a combination of types and relation fields to separate free from paid content. Cheers, Randall.