randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
13 Sep 2013 22:56

I love Cobalt, but the lack of documented examples to help configure it is frustrating.

Scenario1: members add article to the website and want to assign a price for which payment is required before other members can access the article. The only action required by Site Administrator is to approve/publish the article. Member adds the price.

Scenario2: members add article to the website, with basic content of the article free for other members to view but payment is required before downloading an attached file. Again, the only action required by Site Administrator is to approve/publish the article. Member adds the price.

Starting with Scenario1, I have: - MyType with 2 fields, MyText and MyHTML... not the real type or field names. - Now I'm trying to configure Pay To Access field to restrict viewing of the article until PayPal payment is made.

Without much understanding of what i'm doing, I added MyPayToAccess field to MyType just to see what it might do. I set up a Sandbox.Paypal.com business account for testing and added the Adaptive Payments info into "Your PayPal email", "API User Id", "API Password", "API Signature" and "API Application Id" then saved and tried accessing the front-end website page where I add MyType records. The following errors received and the page did not load:

Strict Standards: Declaration of CFormFieldUpload::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltupload.php on line 654

Strict Standards: Declaration of MintPayPaypal::adaptive() should be compatible with MintPayAbstract::adaptive($post) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/gateways/paypal/paypal.php on line 668

Warning: require_once(/home/demojrhost/test2.jdedemojr.com/components/com_emerald/api.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 190

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/[host]/[site]/components/com_emerald/api.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/demojrhost/test2.jdedemojr.com/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 190

I would love to get this up and running so that I have time to use it LIVE and iron out any configuration problems before my 6 month MintJoomla subscription ends but at this rate I will barely have anything working in my test environment.

Please help and please please, can we have more Step-by-Step configuration examples. As with all software, the real power does not come from having the latest and greatest features but rather from how well the basic features are used and that's difficult without documentation and examples. Thanks for a great product.

Last Modified: 12 Sep 2021

randallw VIP
14 Sep 2013 02:27

Perhaps I have missed the point with Pay To Access and Pay To Download fields, but editing MyPayToAccess field, as described above, I see the following error displayed between the toolbar buttons and the Form / Emerald9 tab control:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/[host]/[site]/libraries/joomla/form/fields/text.php on line 53

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Sep 2013 03:16

Strict Standards: Declaration of CFormFieldUpload::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltupload.php on line 654

Strict Standards: Declaration of MintPayPaypal::adaptive() should be compatible with MintPayAbstract::adaptive($post) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/gateways/paypal/paypal.php on line 668

Warning: require_once(/home/demojrhost/test2.jdedemojr.com/components/com_emerald/api.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 190

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/[host]/[site]/components/com_emerald/api.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/demojrhost/test2.jdedemojr.com/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 190

This kind of errors we are fixing within one week maximum. We release new updated of Cobal;t every Thursday. And may be sure that anything you report here will be fixed with the next update and that every Thursday updates are released.

These errors are fixed in Cobalt.

I fixed all errors but fatal. For that I need access to your site. Could you give me super admin account and details in private comment. I cannot reproduce this error locally.

Please help and please please, can we have more Step-by-Step configuration examples. As with all software, the real power does not come from having the latest and greatest features but rather from how well the basic features are used and that's difficult without documentation and examples. Thanks for a great product.

You are right. Although documentation situation is much better now, it is still require a lot of work. And we will improve this.

randallw VIP
20 Sep 2013 00:31

If I was to test the Pay to Access field using a completely clean install of Joomla and Cobalt, what steps should I take to get this field to work?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Sep 2013 10:18

test the Pay to Access field using a completely clean install of Joomla and Cobalt, what steps should I take to get this field to work?

• add and publish field to "YourType"
  • in Sale Options set "Default gateway". e.g. Paypal

Paypal options - Use Sandbox YES (for testing purposes)

At least this should allow you to submit a new article/item with this field.

On submission you will see more field options, according to your optional field parameters: i.e. price, tax, discount, paypal email can be set as defaults, too! So, no entries in frontend submission are necessary. Depends on your workflow and use-case.

Additional Sales Options:

You can show and assign related links for - All Sales (first create a J! menuitem of type Cobalt -> Seller) - All Orders (first create a J! menuitem of type Cobalt -> Buyer)

Test a simple user account (buyer) and visit your new article.

randallw VIP
20 Sep 2013 16:58

Thanks pepperstreet, I will give it a go.

randallw VIP
20 Sep 2013 19:25

Tested with latest Joomla, Media and Cobalt Everything. Results posted in this bug report:

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-8/bugs/Strict +Standards%3A+Declaration+of+JFormFieldCHtml%3A%3AonImport%28%29-4707.html

randallw VIP
21 Sep 2013 18:44

I'm obviously doing something wrong... did another full reinstall with the same results. Detailed steps and results below. I'm still new to Cobalt, so what fundamental steps am I missing?

Standard Joomla 3.1.5 install.

Install extension pkg_cobalt.j3.media.v.8.70

Install extension pkg_cobalt.j3.everything.v.8.337

Save Cobalt configuration (no changes)

Create Cobalt type MyType (entering Name only)

Create MyType field Body as HTML (entering Label, Who can submit = Special)

Create Cobalt section MySection (entering name, submit type = MyType)

Create Joomla menu item MySectionRecords (menu type Cobalt List, category MySection, entering title)

Basic test: - menu MySectionRecords - log on as Administrator - Post MyType - error1 listed on submission page - record added successfully - able to view record on category listing - able to view record in full record view

Include Pay to Access functionality: - Add MyType field PayToAccess (entering label, Default Gateway = paypal, Use sandbox = Yes)

Basic test: - menu MySectionRecords --> error2 listed on category listing

Error 1

=======

Strict Standards: Declaration of JFormFieldCHtml::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params, $record = NULL) in /home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_cobalt/fields/html/html.php on line 13

Error 2

=======

Strict Standards: Declaration of JFormFieldCHtml::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params, $record = NULL) in /home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_cobalt/fields/html/html.php on line 13

Strict Standards: Declaration of CFormFieldUpload::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params, $record = NULL) in /home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltupload.php on line 642

Warning: require_once(/home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_emerald/api.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 192

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_emerald/api.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/[host]/[domain]/components/com_cobalt/fields/paytoaccess/paytoaccess.php on line 192

Sergey
27 Sep 2013 07:45

We have made some fix right on your site. Please do not update to 339. It will erase fix. But nex update will include it.

randallw VIP
27 Sep 2013 08:09

Thank you Sergey... hope I'm not being too much of a pain, but I will continue to test the payment fields and let you know if I encounter any further problems.

Do you want to know each and every small error such as Strict Standards?

Sergey
30 Sep 2013 01:57

Absolutely!

hope I'm not being too much of a pain

You are not a pain at all. You are great help on the road to stable and excellent product.