randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
12 Sep 2013 07:54

Installed pkg_cobalt.j3.everything.v.8.328.zip and started getting warning:

Strict Standards: Declaration of CFormFieldUpload::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltupload.php on line 654

I believe this indicates a small bug in Cobalt.

More interesting question though... is there a way I can suppress unimportant php warnings but still get notified of critical failures? I've read a few posts in different forums and people mention:

• turn off completely in Global Configuration within Joomla (this seems a bit dangerous because critical failures would not be reported).

• php.ini settings (I'm on a shared host and don't really want to get into discussions with the hosting company if I can avoid it).

• Joomla configuration.php setting:- public $error_reporting = 'production' (I tried this and it seemed to work for a while but the warnings continue to show).

• Work with the extension developers to resolve the problem (obviously this is the perfect scenario, but I'm not directly involved with most extension developers... and besides that, because of how good Cobalt is, I have managed to keep the number of Joomla extensions down to about 5 and hopefully will not need to install any more)

Can I please get some advice from veteran Joomla users... what setting is best?

Thanks, Randall.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Sep 2013 09:06

Strict Standards: Declaration of CFormFieldUpload::onImport() should be compatible with CFormField::onImport($value, $params) in /home/[host]/[site]/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltupload.php on line 654

I believe this indicates a small bug in Cobalt.

Fixed in upcoming version. This is not critical. Cobalt will work as expected with this error.

We do work with our extension with error reporting on. We always use Joomla global configuration parameter. And our PHP is configured to show maximum errors.

Although we do not work in developer strict parameters. Only error reporting maximum. We suggest you to chose the same value in Joomla global configuration.

We cannot use development mode as other developers do not use it. And if we turn it on we have so many errors of 3DP extension which we have installed for compatibility testing and integrations, that we cannot work at all. Hundreds of thousands completely fill your screen.

Although we have special Joomla instance were we check cobalt in development mode. But since we are not working in this mode some warnings may be missed.

But anyway thank you for report.