nican VIP
Total posts: 392
12 Dec 2016 11:29

Hello, I'd like to suggest a different approach to the payment funnel

Now in order to issue a coorect invoice we need several info from the user (name, address etc.) and the user has to give those info before paying. In my experience this drives away some users, especially those on mobile devices.

If the user would need only to insert is email to purchase a subscription, and only after the payment he would have to give those additional info, this would be perfect.

The additional info could be requested upon redirecting after payment, and the subscription could be activated only when all the additional info are being inserted and a correct invoice has been generated... or not, there could only be a reminder for additional info but the subscription is already active after payment. Probably both options shpuld be there.

I know this may be complicated to develop, but IMHO it would made a big add on to Emerald.

Thank you

Last Modified: 19 Dec 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Dec 2016 05:22

nican If the user would need only to insert is email to purchase a subscription, and only after the payment he would have to give those additional info, this would be perfect.

I do not know if it is in Emeardl 9 but in Emerald 10 there is a paramter to make invoice request optional. That means that user may skip entering address. But when he trys to access invoice, he will be prompted to enter silling address first.

Also there is RDS. In this case public users will see only email and after entering Email, Emerald will register them and create subscription for them without asking billing address but again ask for address when they try to access invoice.

nican The additional info could be requested upon redirecting after payment, and the subscription could be activated only when all the additional info are being inserted and a correct invoice has been generated

Unfortunately there is no function like this. In this case billing address woulc be stil required. It would just change time when you request it. I understand that change of time might change everything for the business. But right now you either make it optional or required and then you have to enter it before purchase.

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
17 Dec 2016 19:27

Got it, thanks Sergey

what I need is probably doable using Hikashop (with customization) + Emerald

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Dec 2016 05:38

That is good.