nican VIP
Total posts: 392
30 Dec 2015 14:26

Hello, I am not entirely sure to understand how the Google Analytics action works: I am creating some "targets" on my google analtics account

but Google ask me for a page ulr in order to activate the target, for example if I insert there a url like http://mysite.com/thankyou.html then Google will register one target hit everytime someone visit that page

NOw, given that I have already activated the Google Analytics action in my subscription, what url do I have to insert in Google Analyitcs "target creation" screen in order for this to work with Emerald?

Or am I missing totally how this action is supposed to work?

Thank you!

Last Modified: 30 Mar 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Dec 2015 16:42

You do not need to do anything. You only enter Analytics ID. Emerald will register transaction in Google eCommerce section. You will see it in reports.

2015-12-30_22-41-03

nican VIP
30 Dec 2015 17:30

Got it thanks!

nican VIP
22 Feb 2016 13:16

I did as you suggested, but after a month and 100+ emerald subscriptions, I still do not see any transactions reported in my google analytics e-commerce section.

I have activated the e-commerce feature in google analytics and inserted my analtics ID in the emerald action, so I don't understand what I am missing here.

In Google Analytics I see an error message saying that no data for th e-commerce is being received form my site, and that maybe some tags are missings.

I have installed Google Tag Assistant in my Chrome browser, I have purchased the subscription and checked, Google Tag Assistant correctly shows the code for the e-commerce analytics that is being generated upon purchase (the subscription was purchased with a 100% discount code, so the Grand Total is 0)

ga('create', 'UA-2240587-19', 'infinitemandala.com/');
ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', {
              'id': '1456147617',           // Transaction ID. Required.
              'affiliation': 'InfiniteMandala.com',   // Affiliation or store name.
              'revenue': '0.00'            // Grand Total.
            });
ga('ecommerce:addItem', {
              'id': '1456147617', // Transaction ID. Required.
              'name': '"La Sfera di Energia" - 8 lezioni [Corsi]', // Product name. Required.

Thank you

Sergey
22 Feb 2016 14:08

May be that is the reason? Because price is 0? Do you have any erro of loading ecommerce.js?

nican VIP
27 Feb 2016 14:10

Sergey May be that is the reason? Because price is 0? Do you have any erro of loading ecommerce.js?

Usually price is not 0, that was because I was testing with a coupon. But even if the price is 0 I think Google Analytics should still show a purchase in the e-commerce section. I do not any error for loading analytics code, as I said Google Tag Assistant (chrome extension) says that everything is fine.

Can you confirm that on your side this feature is working normally for emerald?

Thank you

Sergey
03 Mar 2016 02:23

Yes, I can cofirm that in my GA I can see e-commerce section with registered sales.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
24 Mar 2016 03:26

Sergey You do not need to do anything. You only enter Analytics ID.

How/where can I check this Google Analytics action code? I assume the GA action ads some code somewhere on the page? I have installed GTA in Chrome, but I don't see any ecommerce data. I also do not see any transactions reported in my google analytics e-commerce section. It should record transactions paid with 100% discount coupons, right?

Sergey
25 Mar 2016 06:22

Jeff It should record transactions paid with 100% discount coupons, right?

Theer was issue like this. When price is 0< there are not transactions saved. Someone had this issue.

Look here components/com_emerald/library/actions/google/google.php

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
27 Mar 2016 00:53

Looking at components/com_emerald/library/actions/google/google.php I can see that GA e-commerce code is inserted, including calls to js GA javascript right?

I have already included GA code on every page. Does this mean there's duplicate code on Emerald/subscription pages causing possible conflict?

On which frontend Emerald pages is the GA e-commerce code injected?

Sergey
30 Mar 2016 13:03

Jeff On which frontend Emerald pages is the GA e-commerce code injected?

On any page. The page that is loaded first on activation of the plan.

I do not think there are conflicts. It adds little different information and your GA code adds anothr information.