nican VIP
Total posts: 392
30 Nov 2015 13:14

Hello,

I was testing the Emerald purchase flow,

and I noticed that If user activation is set to "self" (user receives activation link),

then he's being nor activated neither auto-logged-in after purchase,

If instead I set to "none" user activation in joomla config,

then the user is being logged-in automatically after successfull purchase,

but in this case if I set to "none" user activation in joomla config then no username/password are being sent to the user :-(,

(I am still not sure that this is how Joomla works or a bug on my site)

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Last Modified: 07 Dec 2015

nican VIP
30 Nov 2015 16:44

nican if I set to "none" user activation in joomla config then no username/password are being sent to the user :-(,

(I am still not sure that this is how Joomla works or a bug on my site)

I solved this, it was due to my language file :-)

I still have the issue for users not being auto-logged in when user activation is set to "self" in user config

not a big issue for me as I can keep it set to "none" now, but you should test it on your side to see if it's a bug

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2015 12:05

nican and I noticed that If user activation is set to "self" (user receives activation link),

then he's being nor activated neither auto-logged-in after purchase,

That is correct. If you set self then we cannot autologin user because he is not yet confirmed or activated. It will work only with none. Only this option allow create user automaticaly active.

nican but in this case if I set to "none" user activation in joomla config then no username/password are being sent to the user :-(,

I heared about this problem People hack user message language key and add there placeholders for username and password.

nican VIP
07 Dec 2015 14:25

Sergey I heared about this problem People hack user message language key and add there placeholders for username and password.>

Yep, that's also the solution I found.