nican VIP
Total posts: 392
12 Oct 2015 14:24

Hello, I noticed that the paypal button to pay for a subscription was not working on one of my sites, Emerald was outdated so I just purchased and installed Version 9.374

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue, the paypal button is visible but nothing happens when I click on it

As far as i remember the paypal plugin was working normally some months ago, and I didn't change anything particular on the site (I didn't install new extensions etc..)

Joomla version 3.2.3 Emerald version 9.374

Thank you!

Last Modified: 28 Oct 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Oct 2015 13:26

Please give me link to your site and provide login credentials so I could check it.

nican VIP
13 Oct 2015 15:59

Everything you ask is already in "Additional instrucyions" in the provate tab of the topic ;-)

Sergey
13 Oct 2015 21:20

2 issues

1. You updated Emerald bot not Joomla. latest version of Emerald intendent to work with latest Joomla. You cannot save plans now because before when you chekc form valididty we used .isValid(el) now .isValid('#el_id'). So update Joomla if possible.

2. Your plan is 365 Days long. When we pth to PayPal for recurring it is not valid. It should be 12 month or 1 year. PayPal do not accept so many days.

nican VIP
14 Oct 2015 08:48

Thanks Sergey,

I cannot update Joomla easily right now because I would have to updated many components too with extra expenses, is there a quick code fix you can suggest in order to get it working for my joomla version?

nican VIP
14 Oct 2015 10:56

Sergey 2. Your plan is 365 Days long. When we pth to PayPal for recurring it is not valid. It should be 12 month or 1 year. PayPal do not accept so many days.

BTW I am not sure this is the cause of the paypal button not working. My plan are not set to be "recurring" (automatic recurring payment from paypal), and when I first set them up the paypal button was working normally.

nican VIP
16 Oct 2015 06:33

Anyone there? If there is no fix can I at least try to downgrade to Emerald 9.251 (the previous version I had installed)

so that I can modify and save my plans? Or there are database structure modifications in the new 9.374 that will cause issues if I try to go back?

In the end I don't think that the paypal button issue was due to the outdated version of the component.

Thank you

Sergey
16 Oct 2015 13:06

nican My plan are not set to be "recurring" (automatic recurring payment from paypal)

I checked your plan and that one which was not working was recurring in paypal parameters in the plan.

nican so that I can modify and save my plans? Or there are database structure modifications in the new 9.374 that will cause issues if I try to go back?

Yes you can do that by changing components/com_emerald/views/emplan/tmpl/edit.php find

document.formvalidator.isValid('#item-form')

and replace

document.formvalidator.isValid(document.getElementById('item-form'))

Do that in every edit.php of the view you use. For example to edit subscriptions components/com_emerald/views/emsale/tmpl/edit.php.

nican In the end I don't think that the paypal button issue was due to the outdated version of the component.

Let's focus on what we can do for it to function properly. Does it work now when you changed all acording to my suggestions?

nican VIP
19 Oct 2015 16:54

Ok, I was able to downgrade again to V. 9.251

so now I can save my plans normally

(I have read your tutorial on how to fix V. 9.374 but for me it was easier to just downgrade)

I have also checked all my plans, and set to "NO" the plan recurrency in Paypal payment system (I guess before I was looking at the wrogn screen as I hadn't notice it was set on YES on some plans)

unfortunately the paypal button is still not working :-(

Sergey
20 Oct 2015 13:34

nican unfortunately the paypal button is still not working :-(

I was going to look into it but unfortunately my demoadmin account does not work anymore.

nican VIP
21 Oct 2015 14:26

Sergey I was going to look into it but unfortunately my demoadmin account does not work anymore.

This is odd... I haven't changed the password. Please try again, using the access details provided in the private tab of this topic. I have recreated the user using the same password, just to be sure.

Thanks.

Sergey
22 Oct 2015 04:50

Nope, still the same.

2015-10-22_10-50-21

nican VIP
22 Oct 2015 07:42

Sorry, I get what it's happening! My password manager or chrome is overwriting those fields in the private tab every time I edit the topic. This is why I inserted username and password in the "Additonal instructions" field, please use those ones, I checked them and they are ok.

Sergey
23 Oct 2015 13:37

OK, I got in. But when I click PayPal I end up at PayPal purchase page.

What do you mean PayPal button is not working?

nican VIP
23 Oct 2015 14:08

I see... I have tested again and the issue seem to be present only when the user frontend language is italian

I have switched your support user language to italian in frontend, and now the paypal button doesn't work when you click it.

Try to test now.

Thank you

Sergey
26 Oct 2015 09:26

It looks like that was due to Italian Emerald language file.

E_INVOICE_ADDRESS="Indirizzo\n"

You havd \n at the end of the translation.

nican VIP
26 Oct 2015 11:33

Thanks Sergey, you are the best!

nican VIP
28 Oct 2015 07:04

Thanks Pepperstreet, unfortunately at this point is very difficult for me to update, has I have several paid components to update too and not a big budget

Sergey
28 Oct 2015 10:23

Then at least open components/com_contenthistory/contenthistory.php and add replace content with

<?php
exit;

I am sure you do not use that extension.

That SQL vulnarability is accessible through this extension.

nican VIP
28 Oct 2015 12:05

What would I do without you guys? :-)