nican VIP
Total posts: 392
20 Mar 2014 14:39

I really appreciate you adding for the acymailing action the option to add to a list on subscription deactivation

I think it would be useful to add the same feature to the joomla group action too... so that if the current user subscription expires, not only he is removed from the group previously assigned, but he can be assigned to another group

this is useful to assgin ex-buyers to a different group form the normal registered users (who never bought) so we can display custom modules to them and follow up so that they buy again

as you know generally in membership sites there are 3 kind of users

• those who just want to stay free
  • those who bought and have active subcsription
  • those who bought and have expired subscriptions

for marketing purposes it's very useful to treat these 3 kind of users differently

thank you

Last Modified: 21 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2014 09:34

I know this is good, but this is too complicated.

Imagine user has plan a and b. Now plan a expires and we have to move user to ex-subscribers group, but user still have another plan. But what if we do not need to move user back in the other plan?

I mean this only one additional IF adds dozens of scenarios.

Right now group move is clean. I would like it stay this way.

But you can get list of all ex-membes by simple SQL query. May be you may create custom PHP with task to run by cron.

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
21 Mar 2014 11:00

ok, thank you Sergey! I'll look into what you suggest when I have a budget for custom development