nican VIP
Total posts: 392
08 Mar 2014 10:22

Hello, there are still some things I need to understand in Emerald logic

if I set count limit for a plan to 3

and I allow only the users who are subscribed to taht plan to make records featured across the site

the user then can

• only make 3 different records featured for 30 days
  • make the same record featured for 90 days by re-featuring it every time the 30 days end
  • make featured one record for 30 days and another for 60 days by re-featuring it when the 30 days end

thank you

Last Modified: 11 Mar 2014

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
08 Mar 2014 19:50

I also have this question. having the flexibility of this option will be helping lot for featured functionality.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Mar 2014 06:47

This all depends on count limit mode.

Count every access

• Make one record featured 90 days (30 x 3)
  • Make one record 30 (30 x 1) and another 60 (30 x 2)

Count unique URL

• Make 3 articles featured as many times as user wants during subscription is active.

Because article URL is the same every time you make it featured, access is count only first time and then not.

nican VIP
10 Mar 2014 17:05

Sergey Count unique URL

• Make 3 articles featured as many times as user wants during subscription is active.

Because article URL is the same every time you make it featured, access is count only first time and then not.

this means that if a uer choose to make 3 articles features than e he can make them featured again when the 30 days expire, but only always the same 3 articles

while he cannot: make 3 articles featured than make other 3 different articles featured and so on...

is this correct?

Sergey
11 Mar 2014 07:10

oloccina this means that if a uer choose to make 3 articles features than e he can make them featured again when the 30 days expire, but only always the same 3 articles

Exactly. But only while subscription is still active. This means that if he has 6 month subscription, he will be able to make article featured maximum 2 times.

And he cannot make 3 other articles featured.

nican VIP
11 Mar 2014 08:55

Sergey Exactly. But only while subscription is still active. This means that if he has 6 month subscription, he will be able to make article featured maximum 2 times.

mhhh... this doesn't sound correct to me. I think if the user has a 6 month subscription than he will be able to

make featured 3 articles at the same time for 30 days when they expire make them featured again (oter 30 days) and again (oter 30 days) and again (oter 30 days) and again (oter 30 days)

for a total of 5 months, when the 6th month begins the subscription will expire and he won't anymore be able to make them featured

is this correct?

Sergey
11 Mar 2014 09:02

oloccina is this correct?

Oh yes correct. make fetured 6 times for 30 days.