nican VIP
Total posts: 392
07 Mar 2014 11:33

Hello, I ahve created 3 plans in emerald and they should allow the user to submit a different max numbers of record in a section

eg

plan A: 1 record plan B: 5 records plan C: 10 records

I understand that I have to: limit submissions for the type to the 3 plans

then set the usage count for each plan accordingly to my needs, eg:

plan A: usage limit "1" - usage limit mode "???" plan B: usage limit "3" - usage limit mode "???"

and so on...

doubt number 1 - I ahve not understood usage limit mode options, I read the short explanation int he documentation but I still don't get it, sorry

doubt number 2 - my plans affect many other things, like ability to submit ceratin fields on other type, ability to make featured a certain number of records, and so on... if I set a usage limit for a plan this will affect everything?

example: user purchase plan A which gives him: - ability to submit 1 record of a certain type in a special section - ability to make featured 1 records across all site types - ability to submit special fields across all site types

if plan A is set for usage limit "1" - when teh user submit the type in the special section then the subscription will expire and he won't be able anymore to do all the other things listed above?

thank you

Last Modified: 10 Mar 2014

nican VIP
07 Mar 2014 11:51

to clarify here is what my plans should allow to do (there are also other options, but there are the main ones)

please can you suggest the settings necessary in emerald/cobalt in order to make this work

notes:

plan "free" is a lifetime plan, all the others are renewed yearly

the site as a "events" section, a "personal profiles" section, and a generic "articles" section

emerald-example-plans I attach also a pdf version for better viewing emerald-plans-example

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Mar 2014 12:47

oloccina usage limit mode "???"

Count every access

oloccina doubt number 1 - I ahve not understood usage limit mode options, I read the short explanation int he documentation but I still don't get it, sorry

FOr example you restrict access to articles to 3.

1. Count every access will allow user to open 3 articles or one article 3 times or one article 2 times and another article one time. It gives you 3 times tottal for this action.

2. Unique count will increase usage first time you open article 1 and then you may open it as many times as you want while your plan is still active and it will not count anymore. It will add usage only on next article.

oloccina doubt number 2 - my plans affect many other things, like ability to submit ceratin fields on other type, ability to make featured a certain number of records, and so on... if I set a usage limit for a plan this will affect everything?

That would certainly did few month ago. But now not. Every restriction rule has the parameter to count or not. SO you set do not count for all restrictions except submission. This is will grans limit number of submission and limitless number of other features. And even when user reach it's limit, non-count rules will still work and not block user.

oloccina example: user purchase plan A which gives him:

• ability to submit 1 record of a certain type in a special section
  • ability to make featured 1 records across all site types
  • ability to submit special fields across all site types

This is not so easy. If you use usage count on few rectriction then those restrictions share the max usage limit. For example if you make "useage limit" = 1, and you count how many articles user submit and make featured, then user will be able to either add article or make it featured. If usage limit is 2, then user may either add 2 articles, or make 2 articles featured or add one article and make one article featured.

And right now there is no way to add it's own limit for every rule.

oloccina if plan A is set for usage limit "1" - when teh user submit the type in the special section then the subscription will expire and he won't be able anymore to do all the other things listed above?

As I have metoned earlier, user will not be able to do all restrictions that count usages. But all restrictions that does not, will work.

You picture with plans looks nice unless you also add another count for make featured.

Your solution might be separate plan to make 1 article featured.

nican VIP
07 Mar 2014 13:47

thank you Sergey, I realy appreciate you taking the time to explain everything

no problem, i am building this project based no cobalt and emerald and I will crate the plans accordingly to what emerald can do more easily, I won't forse into emeralds things that will be difficult to achieve

I just need to understand a bit better al the options in emerald and change my subscriptions structure accordingly

nican VIP
08 Mar 2014 10:07

so please Sergey confirm if I have understood correctly:

if I apply "count limit" to a plan this will affect both "make featured" and "submit record" options (as well as "edit record" option if I choose "count every access"

there is no way to separate count of "make featured" and count of "submit/edit record" unless creating separate plans

correct?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Mar 2014 06:59

oloccina if I apply "count limit" to a plan this will affect both "make featured" and "submit record" options (as well as "edit record" option if I choose "count every access"

Not exactly. Usage count mode is also set in the plan globaly.

No matter what mode you use, usage count will affect all rules as submission as make featured as long as Count limit is set to Yes for those rules.

The is only difference how this wil count access.

oloccina there is no way to separate count of "make featured" and count of "submit/edit record" unless creating separate plans

correct?

Absolutely. I wanted to make that feature in Emerald. And even started to mess up with code, but I had stack at some point and realized that it will require DB refactory and change a lot of logics.

So I suspended it for Emearld 10.