nican VIP
Total posts: 392
13 Jul 2016 17:21

Hello, i was wondering if for a record it would be possible to display the users's avatar for those users that are both reading the article and online based on their session time.

Like a module "people who are reading/watching this"

Thank you

Last Modified: 02 Jun 2017

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 Jul 2016 21:47

Hello nican, interesting topic... I am following ;)

pepperstreet VIP
24 Jul 2016 01:20

Just some quick thoughts:
I think the closest "realtime" info is available through Audit-Log. There is also a special event that logs a "view", its time and "user-id". If this data is combined with loggedin status and/or active session, you have some sort of current info.

The participants module counts "hits" only... but it might serve as a template/layout for the limit parameter and avatar display.
Or you could use a field with custom-SQL source as a template.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jul 2016 05:17

There is hits table in DB. You can create query to select all users who are online and who last login date not later than hit date.

pepperstreet VIP
24 Jul 2016 19:05

Sergey There is hits table in DB. You can create query to select all users who are online and who last login date not later than hit date.

But "hits" seem to be stored only once. As far as I know, the record and date is not updated. The record just says that the user has visited it sometimes in the past. That could be years ago...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Jul 2016 09:48

pepperstreet

Sergey There is hits table in DB. You can create query to select all users who are online and who last login date not later than hit date.

But "hits" seem to be stored only once. As far as I know, the record and date is not updated. The record just says that the user has visited it sometimes in the past. That could be years ago...

You are right. I forgot that.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Apr 2017 02:45

Hello nican,
just curious if you have found a solution or had any success?

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
02 Jun 2017 14:13

pepperstreet Hello nican,

just curious if you have found a solution or had any success?

Hi, nope, but I didn't go on with that project anyway.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
02 Jun 2017 14:15

me i am interested :-), i'am going to think about a solution and hire a 3dp developer if need