nican VIP
Total posts: 392
21 Oct 2015 16:32

Some questons:

1 - I have a gallery field in my type, can I import in that field just a url to an image which I have previously uploaded somewhere or it won't work?

2 - below gallery and video fields in the import settings screen I see a "values separator" field, is that only related to values of gallery and video (eg. multiple images or multiple video urls)? I guess yes...

3 - I noticed that when uploading the csv file, in order to assign the right category to the imported items, I ahve to manually select the category for each item. Is there the possibility to assign the same category to all the imported items?

Thank you!

reference: http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/how-to-use-the-import-feature-of-cobalt/

Last Modified: 23 Oct 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Oct 2015 05:12

nican 1 - I have a gallery field in my type, can I import in that field just a url to an image which I have previously uploaded somewhere or it won't work?

No, you cannot do it with URL. Files have to be loaced in a folder. Let,s say you have uploaded them to folder /tmp/import. Then you have to enter to percorso dei files tmp/import. And file names in the CSV field separated by coma mast match file names on the disc. You can store files in any order you like. I mean you can have folders and subfolders inside tmp/import.

nican 2 - below gallery and video fields in the import settings screen I see a "values separator" field, is that only related to values of gallery and video (eg. multiple images or multiple video urls)? I guess yes...

Right. This is related to all fields that upload files. But you may have only one file there as well.

nican 3 - I noticed that when uploading the csv file, in order to assign the right category to the imported items, I ahve to manually select the category for each item. Is there the possibility to assign the same category to all the imported items?

If there is category column in CSV or anything that you can define as categorisation, you can assosiate values of that column each with different category and then articles will be saved acordingly.

nican VIP
22 Oct 2015 07:46

Sergey If there is category column in CSV or anything that you can define as categorisation, you can assosiate values of that column each with different category and then articles will be saved acordingly.> Sergey

Sorry Sergey I don't get if this means this or not:

I upload a csv file with 100+ records in it

in the csv file there is a category column with the same value in it for all the items

I want to associate them automatically to the same cobalt category in one click

is this possible?

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
22 Oct 2015 19:26

nican in the csv file there is a category column with the same value in it for all the items

I want to associate them automatically to the same cobalt category in one click

is this possible?

This is how it works. You just have to select coresponding categories (the one from cobalt with the one from import file) when importing.

nican VIP
23 Oct 2015 07:17

Thanks, I was getting confused because the interface was not clear, maybe is because I have an outdated version of Cobalt. I'll give it a try again.