nican VIP
Total posts: 392
29 Jul 2015 09:12

Hello everybody, I need to import 1k blog posts from Easyblog to Cobalt, I thought about exporting rss feeds from easyblog to csv format and then importing using the Cobalt import tool

my issue is that I cannot find a tool to convert from Rss to CSV which also allows you to change the separator symbol from comma to something else... infact if I have comma (,) as separator, the cvs export is useless as there are many commas throughout the articles texts :-(

I swear, I googled for about 1 hour but I cannot find a online tool or a software able to do this... so I am hoping in the cobalt users expertise :-)

Thank you, Nic

Last Modified: 04 Aug 2015

nican VIP
29 Jul 2015 10:01

BTW wouldn't it be cool to have the possibility to import from RSS to Cobalt directly? Easyblog has that feature, and I used it a lot to transfer content from static html websites or republish articles from other bloggers

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Jul 2015 00:04

oloccina import from RSS to Cobalt directly?

Foobla's obGrabber had support for Mighty Resources. Cobalt is not available, yet. Just because of too little requests... However, they also would offer custom work to create a personal solution for you. Can't be too expensive, I believe ;)

AlterBrains AlterReports might be interesting as well. With the correct DB-table infos from StackIdeas, you should be able to get a direct CSV export from EasyBlog.

Similar extensions in this JED Category.

Alternative: Fabrik could serve the same purpose. As far as I know, you can display any DB-tables and export to CSV in frontend.

RSS to CSV Converter (online tool)
Related Github project

IFTTT.com might convert a RSS channel to a Cloud-Storage e.g. DropBox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive etc. there are different options per Storage Service... for instance, GoogleDrive allows to create and extend a Spreadsheet file etc.
You might use a FREE account to use a limited amount of "published Recipes"! Drawback: I guess this does only work for NEW/UPDATED items. Apparently not optimal for existing items and bulk exports.

nican VIP
30 Jul 2015 09:46

Pepperstreet, you are INCREDIBLE :-)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Jul 2015 04:07

oloccina Pepperstreet, you are INCREDIBLE :-)

I know. ;) :D

Seriously, looking forward to your feedback and experiences!

nican VIP
04 Aug 2015 09:27

I posted a request on Obgrabber forum, that's probably the more user friendly solution.

I also found a software - http://feedforall.com/ - which you can use to export rss feeds from the web in csv format. It also gives you control over the separator (which is very important as these feeds contains several commas and | signs)

As soon as Obgrabber developers answer my request I'll make my choice

Thanks again!