nican VIP
Total posts: 392
27 Nov 2014 15:51

I am creating a website where I want to integrate the fotomoto.com service.

They scan your site and find images, each image is then inserted in your dashboard on fotomoto.com and you can set prices for prints and high res downloads.

The problem is that I am using gallery field, which stores cached version of the image which is being uploaded.

So if I delete the cached thumbnails using Cobalt "Tool", then Fotomoto ends up adding a lot of duplicates in his dashboard, because he thinks that the newly created thumbnails are new images (because of course they have a different url then the previous ones).

I could easily avoid this by simply NEVER deleting the thumbnails using the Cobalt "Tool", bu the question is...

If I do so, is there a possibility that somehow the thumbnails will be deleted automatically? (Joomla cache or other system)

Or this is impossible unless I manually use the Cobalt "Tool" ?

Thank you!

Nic

Last Modified: 01 Dec 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Nov 2014 08:40

If someone just clean cache folder manually. It is also possible. Can fotomoto delete imges that ahave no link back? Those images that was deleted from site.

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
28 Nov 2014 14:32

If someone just clean cache folder manually. It is also possible

You mean via FTP? That would not be a problem.

Can fotomoto delete imges that ahave no link back? Those images that was deleted from site.

No, unfortunately not.

Anyway I am thinking about not using Fotomoto, it would not be enough flexible because of this cache issue... I would have to be too much careful in handling images and never delete teh thumbnails... it could end up ina real mess.

I passed all yesterday thinking if leaving behind Fotomoto or Cobalt for this project... but Cobalt always wins ;-)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Dec 2014 10:24

oloccina but Cobalt always wins ;-)

:)