nican VIP
Total posts: 392
25 Jun 2014 08:38

Hello, I tried to create a link to archived records for one of my cobalt sections

cobalt_link_to_archive

in the menu item settings I choose "display only archived records"

but when I visit it http://www.eos-energia-olografica-sistemica.com/archivio-eventi-passati

I am always redirected to the section homepage (where are the published records)

My archived records are published in subcategories of this section, do you think this is what is causing the issue?

Thank you

Last Modified: 26 Jun 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jun 2014 10:38

AFAIK, this feature is not working yet! Parameters are there, but not implemented for a certain reason :(

nican VIP
25 Jun 2014 10:56

pepperstreet AFAIK, this feature is not working yet! Parameters are there, but not implemented for a certain reason :(

I see, do you know of any other method to display a list archived records for certain categories?

thank you!

nican VIP
25 Jun 2014 10:57

this would be a useful feature to display eg. expired events

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Jun 2014 23:10

If you want to display expired events you can use module. Records Module has this parameter.

pepperstreet VIP
26 Jun 2014 00:56

oloccina this would be a useful feature to display eg. expired events

Agree.

Sergey If you want to display expired events you can use module. Records Module has this parameter.

What about list view? Would be really nice to show expired only...
i.e. to have 3 typical views for an event-listing like 1.) all or current 2.) upcoming 3.) expired/passed

Archive - current state: Why is this action in toolbar backend? I just had a quick look, and the behavior is really strange. Archive seems to set the "published" DB field to a value of "2". And the actual "archived" field is not used at all. If you "un-archive" a record, it is "unpublished" with a value of "0" !?

nican VIP
26 Jun 2014 07:20

Sergey If you want to display expired events you can use module. Records Module has this parameter.

Thank, I'll follow your suggestion for now

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Jun 2014 13:21

pepperstreet What about list view? Would be really nice to show expired only...

i.e. to have 3 typical views for an event-listing like 1.) all or current 2.) upcoming 3.) expired/passed

There is link in user menu to see only expired articles.

pepperstreet VIP
26 Jun 2014 14:57

Sergey There is link in user menu to see only expired articles.

I know. But it is only for MY records.

IMHO, this is a typical J! menuitem parameter for other extesions. i.e. "what to show..." like expired, archived, only featured etc. If this is against Cobalt logic and J! integration, those view restrictions have to be available in cobalt templates. Otherwise it would 1 global setting in each section, which is not very flexible.