nican VIP
Total posts: 392
11 Apr 2014 17:11

I was curious and I tried to activate this template, but I didn't see anything different fomr the "default" template output

thank you

Last Modified: 12 Apr 2014

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
11 Apr 2014 17:45

Hmmm,

Prepared template allows Cobalt to read and display Joomla default com_content plugins such as forms, video, image galleries etc. If you do not add any code or content plugin elements, it won't make any difference, you'll just see text or any other HTML content you have included in the field on frontend!

Well, this answer is based on my own experience with Cobalt, maybe I am wrong somewhere!

Regards,

Tomy

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 Apr 2014 21:21

Tomy is right. It forces the field output to run through Joomla's "content prepare" function. Since Cobalt content is not J! core content, it is required to pass your Cobalt content through this function explicitely.

PS: I have to admit, it seems not logical to have an extra output template, because the HTML field's parameter implies to toggle this behavior automatically... hence the special multi-select to choose only certain plugins! I always thought this parameter works on its own.
Maybe the explicite way is more compatible with 3rd-party plugins. To make sure they are triggered in any case.

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
12 Apr 2014 12:06

got it, thank you guys!