nican VIP
Total posts: 392
27 Mar 2014 11:27

Hello, if in the type there are some grouped fields, and these grouped fields are set to be displaied in the submission form as "group type" > "do not group"

then the tags input form is being dispalied BEFORE these grouped fields, I think it makes sense that the tags are always the last thing in the submission form

cobalt_tgas_input_form

thank you

Last Modified: 03 Apr 2014

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
28 Mar 2014 07:11

I think you use custom template for full view article. In default template code:

<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('tags');?>

stayed after display all fields nad groups.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Mar 2014 07:21

You can change it in custom form template. Because that will not fit to everyone. I move it to the bottom and onther one will ask to move it to the top.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Mar 2014 19:05

oloccina I think it makes sense that the tags are always the last thing in the submission form

Is it the default form template? Then I agree with you. Why should it be displayed "inside" your fields. Thought it is the default behavior, because all field output loops run before the tags ?!

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
29 Mar 2014 12:39

pepperstreet Is it the default form template?

yep, is the default template

Sergey will not fit to everyone.

I thought it would be right to have this as the default behaviour because as far as i know the "tags" are always the last thing one has to insert in all the common blog platforms

Sergey
31 Mar 2014 06:05

You are right. But template is complex. It can show tabs, slides, groups,... and the thing is that with one parameter tags are last and in the other not at the same time keepeing the same position in template.

pepperstreet VIP
01 Apr 2014 16:19

Sergey But template is complex. It can show tabs, slides, groups

But we are talking about DEFAULT FORM template and setting "not grouped", right? At least this should output a "top-to-bottom" ordering like in field manager... and after that the "tags". Or do I miss something obvious?

Sergey
02 Apr 2014 06:40

Then tags will be outside the tabs in tabbed layout.

pepperstreet VIP
02 Apr 2014 13:59

Sergey Then tags will be outside the tabs in tabbed layout.

Yes, i expected "Tags" to behave like this! Because there is no setting or parameter that offers a "tab" position. Or did i miss something?

In which "tab" do they appear? You are talking of "main" tab?

Since i do not configure Tabs position in default layouts, it should display them at bottom/last position, IMHO.

Sergey
03 Apr 2014 06:24

Done.