nican VIP
Total posts: 392
20 Mar 2014 18:11

I am working ona project were the users publish a large amount of events each day

the events are being automatically suspended when the event date is passed, but I'd like to have the possibility to auto-delete them to save database space

deleting them manually would be too much work given the amount of record

I don't know if you think this could be useful in general, and if it's possible or extremely complicated to do, I am just launching the idea

btw I know that a "record mass delete option" has been already requested and discussed in the forum, but I am not sure of what is the official answer about that request, any updates?

thank you

Last Modified: 21 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Mar 2014 18:33

oloccina the events are being automatically suspended when the event date is passed, but I'd like to have the possibility to auto-delete them to save database space

Following!

(PS: I think there was already a topic about "auto-bot" or maybe cron job. Can´t recall the exact topic link and title)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2014 09:28

i think it may be implemented in form of tool.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Mar 2014 09:44

Sergey i think it may be implemented in form of tool.

Can tools be executed by a cron job?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2014 10:08

This is what came to my mind too :) I have to shink a way. May be special section to manage cron task and only one centralized cron task wil trigger all the rest.