• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Cobalt 8
  • review system: votes not registered on review submission + vote allowed in list view without reviewing

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
06 Mar 2014 10:24

Hello, I am trying to setup a review system using a cobalt type as comments for another type

I have 2 problems:

1 - when I submit a review and enter the rating stars, the review is being published correctly but the vote is not being counted

review_-_no_vote_registered

if then I edit the review and again select a rating stars value, still the vote is not being registered if instead I select a rating stars value directly while seeing my review in the revie list below the record, in this case the vote is being registered

2 - when I visit the record list page, I can vote for arecord directly by selecting a rating stars value, how can I avoid this? I want the user to see the rating stars in the record list, but to be able to vote only by submitting a review

rating_list_view

thank you

Last Modified: 12 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Mar 2014 12:45

oloccina 2 - when I visit the record list page, I can vote for arecord directly by selecting a rating stars value, how can I avoid this? I want the user to see the rating stars in the record list, but to be able to vote only by submitting a review

Set Who can rate to special for parent article rating.

Sergey
06 Mar 2014 12:47

oloccina 1 - when I submit a review and enter the rating stars, the review is being published correctly but the vote is not being counted

When I try to login your site I get

Errore
Contenuto sospeso

nican VIP
06 Mar 2014 13:08

Sergey When I try to login your site I get

Errore Contenuto sospeso

Sorry, i thought with superadmin access you would have been able to access it even if it was suspended now I have published it and set access to "special" only, I think you will be able to see it now http://direct.alkemica.net/operatori-olistici/voce/18-persone/73-giuseppe-garibaldi-2

Sergey Set Who can rate to special for parent article rating.

ok, i did. I set "who can rate" to "special" in the settings of the type which si being reviewed/commented but now when I submit a review I don't see the rating stars anymore

nican VIP
07 Mar 2014 09:07

bump

Sergey
07 Mar 2014 13:18

Ok. Actulay parent rating have to be turned off. you have rating in comemnt adapter.

If you want to place it somewhere in the article you will ahve to user Rating API.

nican VIP
07 Mar 2014 14:00

ok, this is what I did

parent type rating =>> turned off comment adapter rating =>> "calculate average rating" yes

type used for comment rating =>> turned off

with these settings this is what happens:

I do not see anymore the ratings stars in record list and record full view =>> ok, I understand I ahve to use the API for this

I do no see the ratng stars in the "submit review/comment" form, so I cannot submit a vote =>> why?

I'll update the "access credentials" above with type IDs if you need to see teh configuration by yourself

btw what iw ant to do is very similar to your JED demo... are you thinking about releasing that as a pack?

nican VIP
08 Mar 2014 08:59

this topic was in "closed" state, maybe I changed the state erroneously, I reopened it

Sergey
10 Mar 2014 07:11

You do not have to turn off rating for type that is used as comments. In this type rating have to be set only for authors.

nican VIP
10 Mar 2014 14:17

Sergey You do not have to turn off rating for type that is used as comments. In this type rating have to be set only for authors.

ok, I didi, but now I have still the problem number 1 described in the main topic above

Sergey
11 Mar 2014 08:54

I found that. In form template parameters fields Votes and Votes Result was turned on. And it waht always empty and overriden multirating fields value.

I have fixed it on your site and in the next version.

nican VIP
11 Mar 2014 09:06

Thank you Sergey!

one other question:

I still can change my rating from the review/comment list... in other words I do not have to modify the entire review

rating_change_from_list

is this supposed to be so, or I can turn off this in some way? I want users to be able t change the rating only by editing the entire review, not by just clicking on the fly on the stars ion the reviews list

thank you

Sergey
12 Mar 2014 10:12

It was ment to work like this. User may change their mind and increas or decreas rating.

You also should probably limit to only one review per user in comemnt adapter parameters. And there is parameter to redirect to edit. It works like this. If user already have a review for this article and click add new, his old review is opened for modification.

nican VIP
12 Mar 2014 10:45

ok thank you