nican VIP
Total posts: 392
04 Mar 2014 13:15

Hello, I just created and tested a pay voucher field, but there are some things I don't understand

DOUBT NUMBER 1 i set "buyers can change quantity" to yes and "default amount" to 1

when i visit the record I see the message "only 1 voucher left, hurry up!"

but this is not true, as the "1" I set was for "deafult quantity", and not for "total vouchers available"

DOUBT NUMBER 1 in the input form when creating a new record I see a textarea in this field, but I don't understand what is it for... maybe notes?

buy_voucher_input_form

Anyway I tried to digit there some dummy text and save, but nothing is displaied in record full view

thank you

Last Modified: 05 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Mar 2014 16:09

The filed where you have enetered lorem ipsum is for vouchers. Every new lime is a new voucher. For example you sell iTunes gift cards. You enter:

8CZV UD65 NQVE JPL3 752P
SJDV U0J0 N23E WD03 75FD
KD6D UL9J DF6E J303 DS2P
P56D U0DO NQfE GPL3 KJ2P

This is 4 vauchers. This means that user will be able to purchase for of them. For example those are $25 value cards. it meeans that theer is $100 value product.

Amother words, you sell lines of the textarea field. As soon as voucher is purchased it is deleted from textarea parameter and attached to the order.

nican VIP
04 Mar 2014 16:58

Ah, ok, so I was not understanding the logic of the whole field...

what if I want the users just to pay to join an event, and I am not interested in sending them unique codes/vouchers

is there a possibility to still use this field without the record author having to eneter all the vouchers codes?

Sergey
04 Mar 2014 17:02

I think you can enter the same code as many times as there are places in your event. Just the word, you have registered for event. Or maybe some short instruction what to do next.

nican VIP
04 Mar 2014 17:07

or maybe add an option for the record author to automatically fill in with codes the textarea by selecting - number of vouchers (eg. 50) - digit vouchers code prefix text (eg. EVENTNAME) -

this will automatically fill in the textarea with codes like

EVENTNAME-grt4732he

EVENTNAME-uru748wed

EVENTNAME-hyt68ehde

nican VIP
04 Mar 2014 17:36

Sergey I think you can enter the same code as many times as there are places in your event. Just the word, you have registered for event. Or maybe some short instruction what to do next.

ok, i thought you have to enter there some unique code which would be then sent to the buyer and the seller, like unique ticket number so that the seller can print them for checking later eg at the entrance of the event

I am not really interested in this advanced feature... but if it's not how it work, surely I am still missing something about the logic of the field

why do I have to eneter "any text" separated by new line ofr each ticket I need to sell, and not just enter an x quantity of tickets in a text box, like eg "50" tickets ?

cherosoullis VIP
Total posts: 165
04 Mar 2014 18:24

I think the voucher field should be more descriptive since at first I didn't also understood what I sould put in this field. Or it would be better to be able to change this text. Explainning to the users what to enter into this field.

nican VIP
04 Mar 2014 18:30

cherosoullis I think the voucher field should be more descriptive since at first I didn't also understood what I sould put in this field. Or it would be better to be able to change this text. Explainning to the users what to enter into this field.

yes, but this can be done using a custom input template I guess, my problem is that i still don't understand the logic of it, I miss some pieces... but I must also admit that I've been sitting in front of cobalt for almost 8 hours today... it's definitely time to relax :-P

Sergey
04 Mar 2014 18:48

Nicolo, you probably cannot understand this field because you are looking at it from different perspective. not from the point what it was created for but from the point what you need to do.

This field was not created for simply limit number of payments per product. This field is to sell serial numbers. In the core idea of this field is delivery of some short text to buyer.

Another main idea is to create one product for many items.

For example you sell Google Play redeem coupons. You have 100 of them and all of them of $10 value. In the other solutions you would have to create 100 products, but this field allows you to create only one product, but make 100 sales with it.

cherosoullis I think the voucher field should be more descriptive since at first I didn't also understood what I sould put in this field. Or it would be better to be able to change this text

You can always edit text. it is a language constant. Also you can add descritpion to field in core parameters for better guidence. But that is only needed for multi-venfor shops. Otherwise once you know what to enter you do not need any description.

nican VIP
05 Mar 2014 09:36

Sergey This field was not created for simply limit number of payments per product. This field is to sell serial numbers. In the core idea of this field is delivery of some short text to buyer.

Got it, so the texts inserted in the textarea of the field will be delivered one by one to the purchasers, but previously you said...

Sergey I think you can enter the same code as many times as there are places in your event. Just the word, you have registered for event. Or maybe some short instruction what to do next.but previusly you said

If I understrand correctly you say that I can enter "exactly the same line of text" repeated an x number of times, but this way each user will receive the same text/code, and not a unique one, here is were I get a bit confused, sorry...

Sergey
05 Mar 2014 09:48

yes, field does not know if those lines are equal or not. It simply sell one line per purchase. For field it does not matter you enter different lines or the same.

I suggested it to just as a solution to your problem. Just to allow this article to be sold so many times.