canton
Total posts: 76
21 Aug 2012 01:39

Regarding the new blog template if i set "Blog Columns" to more than 3, the items revert to a row layout format with single items showing on each row.

Also there is no pagnation (no next/prev button) just shows links to other items rather than next page of items.

I have updated to the latest Cobalt

Thanks in advance

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Aug 2012 06:24

Regarding the new blog template if i set "Blog Columns" to more than 3, the items revert to a row layout format with single items showing on each row.

I can use 4 columns

If you cannot it simple means that template you use do not support it. Try to use 4 columns in core Joomla articles.

Also there is no pagnation (no next/prev button) just shows links to other items rather than next page of items.

I have fixed page navigation next update.

canton
22 Aug 2012 01:16

Great news about fixing the page nav

regarding the column break. it seems the blog template has an issue with the main template that im using which is rockttheme Ximenia which can be found http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=ximenia

Is there anyway you can create a fix for this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sergey
22 Aug 2012 01:22

regarding the column break. it seems the blog template has an issue with the main template that im using which is rockttheme Ximenia which can be found http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=ximenia

It is 2 side problem. If we add styles for this, then it will not work good on templates with support for more than 3 columns. I really believe that this is issue by RT template. YOu have to report that it does not support core Joomla styles.

canton
22 Aug 2012 01:27

ok thank you

canton
23 Aug 2012 18:03

Ive updated to the latest Cobalt that was issued but there is still a page navigation problem.

Please advise

Sergey
23 Aug 2012 21:25

What do you mean by page navigation? This?

<   <<   1 2 3 4 5 6 >>    >

Or this?

< Prev                                       next>

canton
24 Aug 2012 03:32

either. both type are not showing

Sergey
24 Aug 2012 05:55

Pagination for blog template is combined on leading articles, intro articles and links. There is not parameter how many per page. Please resave your blog template settings and reset session by closing and opening site.

canton
24 Aug 2012 06:10

ahh i see you have to set "Blog Num Links" to 0 so that the page navigation is activated.

To be honest this should of been explained within help instructions of the "page navigation" popup as it isn't obvious and intuitive to know this. Maybe you could do this within the next update.

Thank you for your help

Sergey
26 Aug 2012 05:36

Ok.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Aug 2012 07:40

Just a minor complaint about the visual appearance and layout. As you can see in the screenshot, the options/follow/bookmark icons placement "disturb" or shift the clean look. Please, could this be optimized? i.e. more articles looks more clean and professional. Could you place the "options/tools" above the article title or below the article? A position, that does not "mess-up" the layout?

Thanks for listening.

Sergey
26 Aug 2012 09:01

As you can see in the screenshot, the options/follow/bookmark icons placement "disturb" or shift the clean look. Please, could this be optimized?

We used exact scheme as core Joomla use. If you look core Joomla template

You will find that icons there aligned exactly the same but only different icons. So consider it to be Joomla template issue.

If i change anything there, then in template that style it metter it will look different then intended by template.

So what should I do? I am just desperately waiting for bootstrap. This will solve all this issues.