techutopia
Total posts: 202
06 Jan 2017 16:18

Hi,

I wish to sell a plan to people around the world, but at different prices based on location.

My reasoning is that say a plan is $1 per month in the USA, asking people in poorer countries to pay $1 is a lot as the cost is a lot higher because of lower wages.

Is this possible in some way? Or am I being too ethical? :-)

Thankyou.

Dale.

Last Modified: 16 Jan 2017

techutopia
Total posts: 202
06 Jan 2017 16:20

I suppose one way is to create a plan for each country and then only display it's availability based on user location?

Unless you can think of something more fancy or easier?

Thanks.

Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Jan 2017 01:55

In general a very nice and clever idea.

techutopia Or am I being too ethical? :-)

I like your way of thinking. ;)

techutopia I suppose one way is to create a plan for each country and then only display it's availability based on user location?

Maybe this is worth a look. See pro version of RegularLab's Conditional Content

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jan 2017 05:24

Unfortunately it is not possible. I would no add anything like that. This discriminate people based on their welth. Yes, I think that descrimination based on welth is the same as descrimination based on race.

You have a product and if you sell to US citizen more expencive than to Angola, then it is not fair.

1. There are poor people in US too. In fact latest report shows that half of Ammericans live in poverty.
  2. If your price for Angola is $1 and for US is $2 it means that you actualy earn when sell for $1 but just because you think US is rich you charge them a royalty. Any one from developed country will be pissed.

Just imagine you come to Angola and you want to get to Hotel from Airport. Everyone pays $2 for taxy. But since you have white face (but in fact not because of color but because they think you are rich) they say taxy is $5. How do you fill? Like they have you in your ass. Very humiliating.

If you what different price for another country just make a different website, with different language and sell it there. Do not piss off your clients.