techutopia
Total posts: 202
09 Dec 2016 14:53

Hi,

Example ...

A user adds a record and types "London Bridge" into the location search and saves record. Another user does the same, so both records have the same position.

When the map is zoomed out, the cluster says 2 records.

But when you zoom in to marker level, only one marker can be seen - but there are two on top of each other.

I know this is how it works ... but does anyone have an idea for the best way forward for this?

e.g.

If markers are at the same position introduce an x,y offset? or If the uppermost marker is clicked on then popup appears offering the user a choice of all the makers at the same position.

Thanks,

Dale.

Last Modified: 23 Dec 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Dec 2016 12:32

Hello techutopia, here is one possible approach:
The demo has no clusters but it should work with it, too.
- Overlapping Marker Spiderfier for Google Maps API v3

Also hence the newer "forked" project.
Although, I had some display issues in webkit/Safari.

techutopia
13 Dec 2016 20:22

As always Sir, you are a hero - thankyou.

It might take me a little while to get it going, but I'll try.

Cheers!

Dale.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Dec 2016 05:09

techutopia but does anyone have an idea for the best way forward for this?

I know one idea. I can add code that if next marker is at the same position as the other, offcet it a little.

techutopia
20 Dec 2016 15:07

Yes, it's one solution, but integrating the Spiderfier into Cobalt would just be awesome. Maybe as a plugin? No idea how easy that would be though, I'm totally lost in trying to add it to templates! :-) But you are an expert. :-) Dale.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Dec 2016 05:31

I am not sure it will be simple. It changed click even on marker, but our markers have click even to show a window.