techutopia
Total posts: 202
04 Sep 2014 14:18

Hi,

I'm looking at JLex Review module by JLXart ...

Homepage : http://jlexart.com/

About JLex Review : http://jlexart.com/extensions/jlex-review

It seems pretty awesome and there are lots of features all in one module (rather than lots of seperate modules).

Has anyone here had any experience of integrating this into a Cobalt 8 system?

Thanks,

Dale.

Last Modified: 11 Sep 2014

techutopia
04 Sep 2014 14:28

Here's a link to their integration guide: "Integrate JLex Review into other component" ...

http://jlexart.com/tutorials/jlex-review-tutorial/item/25-integrate-jlex-review-into-other-components

Thanks,

Dale.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Sep 2014 23:35

New comments adapter? Or rating type?

techutopia
04 Sep 2014 23:40

To me, it seems that it's more appropriate for it to be be a "comments adapter" - because it fulfills the role of both ratings and comments.

If it was just a rating type then there's not much more to be gained from using it.

Thanks,

Dale.

techutopia
04 Sep 2014 23:44

Hi,

I would probably like to add here that they don't seem to be reponsive quickly for supprt - http://jlexart.com/discussions

Thanks,

Dale.

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 12:29

Hi,

I'm actually undecided between this rating/comment system and Komento's rating/comment system as to which to go for - it's a close run thing, but the support responsiveness for Komento is amazing.

Dale.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
05 Sep 2014 14:19

sorry maybe i'm wrong but komento has not rich snippets ?

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 14:37

It doesn't no, not at the moment.

I really feel the need to gather together all the comments providers and make a tabular list of current features - but I don't have time. :-(

Dale.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
05 Sep 2014 14:53

Found it yesterday and it looks promising. I just miss multi rating option (I have not seen it). With multi rating it would be something like JReviews. And with custom fields would be something I need:). Ah, maybe MintJoomla will concider something like this for Cobalt :)

clowride VIP
05 Sep 2014 15:01

i hope too

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 15:04

Me too!

I just can't seem to find anything that does all of what I want ... my best guess so far is that Komento will be my best choice, but only if the rating values for records can be applied to sorting of records in sections.

Dale.

clowride VIP
05 Sep 2014 15:09

i currenlty use Komento, it is nice but very limited for a rating system

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 15:24

Hi,

I am re-doing an old website that had multiple ratings for 5 categories for businesses in the hospitality sector.

I had lots of problems with people rating the places low for some of the facilities that they didn't actually provide.

Places were marked poorly, say for 'food', when they didn't serve any - users didn't just leave the rating for this as unknown. I don't believe that any place should be marked down for something they don't provide ... and all this skewed the overall total rating.

I'm going to try a simple overall rating for the new site and see how it goes.

Dale.

clowride VIP
05 Sep 2014 15:35

currenlty yes simple overall rating is nice, but i think for cobalt 9 sergey will do something nice with review system

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 15:45

Yes, this is one of my big concerns. :-)

If I use something other than the standard rating system now and get data, if I decide I like the new system better (if one appears) - will transferring the data over be a nightmare?

I have really tried very hard to use standard Cobalt stuff so far, due to Cobalt 9 being on the horizon, but ratings/reviews are something I cannot skimp on.

So, do I wait for 9 or continue as I am? I know that 9 will not be released 'any time soon', and well, I need to get things going - I'm just very wary of creating headaches for myself later on in a number of areas, not just review and ratings.

Dale.

clowride VIP
05 Sep 2014 17:03

maybe a developper could be create a nice integration, we need to find a nice plugin or component and ask a feature request

techutopia
05 Sep 2014 22:24

The chaps at stackideas are quite cool - I wanted a hack on Kommento and they created if for me within a few days - no charge (apart from what I paid for it initially).

I think that the 2-way integrations are a problem ... e.g. Adding a new a comment system like komento into Cobalt works really really well ... but the features on offer from Komento dont integrate too well into exisiting feature of Cobalt ... reviews and ratings are a good example I think.

Dale.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Sep 2014 01:46

Integration is done.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Sep 2014 14:43

Sergey Integration is done.

+1

(although, I guess... I am not going to use 3rd-party stuff for rating/review with Cobalt. BTW, I would still prefer a separate Rating field plus filter support ;) )

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
08 Sep 2014 14:52

(although, I guess... I am not going to use 3rd-party stuff for rating/review with Cobalt. BTW, I would still prefer a separate Rating field plus filter support ;) )

+1 for that too, would be better that cobalt has its own pro rating system, this would make cobalt rock! from what i see jlex does not have multirating criteria support. At last in Cobalt 9 if in 8 it`s not yet possible.

Rgds

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
08 Sep 2014 15:21

Response from JLex regarding multirating:

Unfortunately, the version currently is not support this feature. But, we are developing JLex Review 2 with more feature, include multiple rating. We will send mail to you when latest version are ready :)

But yes, upgraded Cobalt rating would be a blast.