techutopia
Total posts: 202
29 Aug 2014 01:26

Hi,

All business records on my website have been created by me, thus I am the author.

I am using the 'email' field so that people can contact the author of the business page.

The problem is that I list a lot of businesses, and if a user tries to contact the author, it is my email address, and well, I can't respond! :-)

I would like the email field to appear but only show the contact button / email address if the field is not owned by me - i.e. a business has claimed their page and I have reassigned author ownership of the record to them.

i.e. users can only contact the business if the page author has been changed to someone other than me.

I hope that makes sense, and your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Dale.

Last Modified: 16 Oct 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Sep 2014 00:02

So, you configured fiedlto send email to article author?

You can change it to send to email that user have to enter. It will be automaticaly populated on edit or add listing. But if you delete email, then you will have no emails sent. On the other hand it is best aproach for listings because it is very often when Business contact email is different from one saved with user registration.

techutopia
02 Sep 2014 01:40

Hi,

Thanks for reply ... I understand ...

I think the problem for me is this:

"It will be automaticaly populated on edit or add listing."

I want to add or edit record, but do not want the email address automatically populated.

When I assign the record to the right owner, they then have the choice to add the email contact or not.

Thanks,

Dale.

Sergey
02 Sep 2014 04:09

Then there is no options. There is no way to exclude some emails to be used.

techutopia
06 Oct 2014 13:47

This issue is become a problem now.

I have advised editors that when they edit a record to remember to delete the contents on the email field (which is populated with their email address when there is no current email address) before they save.

But of course, it's easily forgotton.

It would be much much better without this auto-population when there is no value - all other fields work in this way I think.

Thanks,

Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Oct 2014 16:45

techutopia I would like the email field to appear but only show the contact button / email address if the field is not owned by me

Conditional display of Contact-button/link?

Not sure how the email field stores the value... but I think you might compare that value before display. i.e. compare your admin/supermoderator email with current value. If it contains YOUR name/mailaddress, than hide that field.

techutopia
06 Oct 2014 22:56

Hi,

Thanks pepperstreet for the feedback, much appreciated.

It's more than just one email address now, as I have multiple editors of records that are not authors ... it is just the automatic population of the email field that is the problem for me.

Ta.

Dale.

techutopia
06 Oct 2014 22:57

Maybe I should start a new thread? Ta. Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Oct 2014 00:27

techutopia it is just the automatic population of the email field that is the problem for me.

Did you play with this (new) parameter? Current user email by default NO
It keeps the field empty.
Is your email send to Record Author anyway?!

Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-07 um 01.53.40

Additionally, you may restrict the field's ACCESS parameters. Either for your Editors (assign them to a certain ACL), Or for your Users (clients group/ACL)?

Sergey
07 Oct 2014 01:46

techutopia It's more than just one email address now, as I have multiple editors of records that are not authors ... it is just the automatic population of the email field that is the problem for me.

I made a changes that automatic population will only happen on article create. If you delete email, it will not be populated on edit form.

techutopia
08 Oct 2014 01:56

Fantastic.

Thankyou.

I look forward to when it is released in download area.

Ta.

Dale.

techutopia
10 Oct 2014 13:23

Hi,

I have installed 8.62-Stable but the problem is still there.

Thanks,

Dale.

Sergey
13 Oct 2014 10:49

Did you updated email field?

techutopia
15 Oct 2014 12:11

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Note quite sure what you mean.

I have updated field to 8.62-Stable

I then edited a record, deleted email address, and saved record.

When I go to edit record again, email address appears.

Thanks,

Dale.

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
16 Oct 2014 05:23

Localy all work correct. Try test it on another browser, maybe browser populate this field.