steve1084 VIP
Total posts: 67
08 Jan 2013 08:43

Hi Serg,

Couple of minor questions.

A: I never get any emails telling me there have been updates to cobalt despite setting request for email notifications on this forum and the mint Joomla download site.

B: How to tell when you make update for Cobalt 7 on the download site. Maybe it might be a good idea to separate Cobalt 7 and 8 into separate sections for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 to remove any and all confusion

Steve :)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jan 2013 04:39

A: I never get any emails telling me there have been updates to cobalt despite setting request for email notifications on this forum and the mint Joomla download site.

Right we do not have it configured yet :)

B: How to tell when you make update for Cobalt 7 on the download site. Maybe it might be a good idea to separate Cobalt 7 and 8 into separate sections for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 to remove any and all confusion

It is very easy. We release updated every Thursday. So you may be sure that everyThursday there will be new version of Cobalt 7 and 8 at the same time. If you want to know what was changed you can refer to our blog where we post change log every thursday.

steve1084 VIP
Total posts: 67
09 Jan 2013 08:16

Right we do not have it configured yet Thank-you I have now received an email about this update. Cool.

Right we do not have it configured yet

It is very easy. We release updated every Thursday. So you may be sure that everyThursday there will be new version of Cobalt 7 and 8 at the same time. If you want to know what was changed you can refer to our blog where we post change log every Thursday. True but as you only display the update number for Cobalt 8 its impossible for me to know if or when cobalt 7 is updated or if it was updated at all, I truly believe there needs to be a major separation here for joomla 2.5 and joomla 3

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jan 2013 10:04

You can always read in blog if Cobalt 7 was updated. We announce it. Also you can track version number on the download file.

We cannot separate because. Someone purchased video field. And we have to give access to download it for Cobalt 8 as well. If it is separate article then we will have to manually create new order for every user. That is a lot of work. As it works right now we can provide this access.

What I think we need to advance download section and make little bit more obvious int he listing.