mikey186
Total posts: 3
26 Mar 2015 06:26

I was trying to add a record in Cobalt 8, and apparently, after a section and a type linking to the menu item I choose I get this error

"There is no ability to add articles in backend.

This is because add article is the heart of the Cobalt and it is most complex algorithm in Cobalt. It is extremely hard to support the same functionality in Backend and frontend. Especially with our new Audit Trail where every version is saved on edit and ability to restore record after it is deleted. Along with all other features.

To add new article create menu element to section articles list and there you will see add button. You can manage as who can add new articles in content type parameters as who can see this button in section markup template parameters. Or read quick start."

Help??

Last Modified: 27 Mar 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Mar 2015 11:42

Hello mikey186,

This is no error, just a hint. The backend is for setup, config and some special admin tasks.
Cobalt submission and moderation is available in frontend.

If you don't see any section menu with "Submit here" in frontend,
you might have to check the type/section parameters again:

• Type parameters include settings for record submission. i.e. Who can submit etc.
  • Section parameters include template settings. See Markup layout -> Tab Section menu etc.

Apart from the usual Section Menu toolbar, you have 2 more options to submit a record:

• You might create a special MenuItem for Submit. (See J! MenuItem Manager -> Your_Menu -> Cobalt...)
  • Additionally, there is an optional Module called "Submit Button(s)".

pepperstreet VIP
26 Mar 2015 11:49

HeadsUp

I have noticed you are using the Joomlart T3 - Blank BS3 template. And you seem to have custom list and detail templates, because of webfont icons etc. I assume you have disabled the regular Cobalt Section Menu above the list view!? I know, that the display does not work with T3/BS3 template! The menu appearance is messed up and actually unusable. (out of the box)

So, I would suggest to use the other T3 Blank template powered by Bootstrap v2
Or try the alternative ways for Record submission in my previous comment.

mikey186
Total posts: 3
27 Mar 2015 00:12

Thanks for the tip! I was actually using Bootstrap 3 because of the lastest design other websites uses. Also, I have a problem, whenever i change the author in the frontend, it some reason just frooze black and nothing shows up.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Mar 2015 11:19

mikey186 I was actually using Bootstrap 3 because of the lastest design other websites uses

Joomla itself is bound to BSv2. Thus Cobalt relies on it, too.
(! always keep that in mind, before choosing a heavy 3rd-party template/framework)

Actually, Bootstrap 3 is not about "design". It just helps you with layout and consistent appearance of form/UI elements.
Joomlart adds there own Off-Canvas area, MegaMenu and FontAwesome.

Author change / black screen

You mean in Cobalt form submission? Did you try it with Joomla default Protostar template?