golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
11 May 2014 14:19

Hi,

I have created a section (Packages) that is linked to many types (Gambling, Golf, Honeymoon etc.), now, I need to create a menu item link to each type, that is a main menu for the section (packages), this one is fine, now, I need to create other menus that will show only specific type from this section, such as a menu item link for gambling, another one for golf etc. How can do this please as in the menu item selection, we can only select section and not specific type!

Last Modified: 12 May 2014

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
11 May 2014 19:33

Hi, do you use categories for Gambling, Golf, Honeymoon,...? If so you can link to category Click here to link...

golfads VIP
11 May 2014 20:55

Hi,

Well, I do not think that this is a solution for me because all types are supposed to use the same categories, I guess that this won't be possible and that I will have to create a section for each type and then create a main section that will be connected to all sub-sections, that, I will be able to use each sub-section to connect it to a menu item link.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 May 2014 07:39

You cannot put same article into 2 sections. So this

golfads I will have to create a section for each type and then create a main section that will be connected to all sub-sections

Will not be possible.

I understand that you use same section for all those types because it hase the same category structure.

I can only think of prefiltered URL that will filter section by type. But it will then skip categories. SO I have no suggestion.

golfads VIP
12 May 2014 15:07

Hi Sergey,

Yes, you are right, I tried to create about 5 types and connect them to one main section, when I add a record there everything works fine, however, if I create another section and connect it to only one of these type, the record does not show at all!

Therefore, I will have to manage with only one type and to transfer the other types into categories and then connect them to a package section, this is the only solution I would find right now. Then, I will create menu item to the other categories through the documentation submitted by klox7 above.

Thanks anyway guys, sometime we just to create things that are simply not possible :-)

Sergey
12 May 2014 15:30

I have never thought of real world scenario like this. I am surprised that scenario like this make sense.

klox7 VIP
12 May 2014 16:32

Sergey I can only think of prefiltered URL that will filter section by type. But it will then skip categories.

You can filter section by type? Nice! How?

Regarding categories: maybe possible workaround is to create select field with same values as categories and then filter that field. But in that case you have to select value twice. One in category and one in field.

Sergey
12 May 2014 16:53

klox7 You can filter section by type? Nice! How?

In advansed search there is

2014-05-12_22-49-28

klox7 VIP
12 May 2014 17:10

Aha, I never used multiple type so I guess this turns on when using multiple types. Will need it for my next project...