golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
10 Apr 2014 23:04

Hi,

Maybe I miss this somewhere but really get stucked to find if there is any parameter for this, I am currently working on our real estate website and only admin/moderator can add new record (article) and general public (visitors) or even registered users should not be able to submit new record nor even see this text:

"There are no articles here. Be first who post here."

Is there any parameter/configuration to remove this text for public and registered users please?

Last Modified: 11 Apr 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 Apr 2014 02:36

One (global) solution is to create a language override.

Extensions -> Language Manager -> Overrides -> New

Remember to select "Filter" to your "Site" language.

If you are looking for a specific message or text, you can search on the right hand side. The search can be the displayed "Value". Or you can even search for the "CONSTANT", which is in your case:

CNOARTICLESHERE

So, simply add CNOARTICLESHERE in the constant/title input. Then delete the old text. Hit save.

(Repeat it for any other site language)

mj_cob_lang_override

pepperstreet VIP
11 Apr 2014 02:41

FYI, here is an J25 tutorial on Language Overrides. Same features, but J25 UI ;-)

pepperstreet VIP
11 Apr 2014 02:56

Alternatively or additionally, you can find the output in your Markup template. If you work with the default layout:

YourJoomla/components/com_cobalt/views/records/tmpl/default_markup_default.php

Almost at the bottom of the file.

If you have different sections and want to have different messages, you might add your own CONSTANT name. Just copy the markup template and create a respective language override for your NEW-CONSTANT-NAME...

You might also have a conditional check for usergroup/ACL...

@Sergey

BTW, shouldn't it have a proper CSS class for easier styling or conditional removal? Or maybe multiple classes i.e. sectionName, sectionID I could also imagine a bootstrap alert style.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Apr 2014 05:12

pepperstreet BTW, shouldn't it have a proper CSS class for easier styling or conditional removal? Or maybe multiple classes i.e. sectionName, sectionID I could also imagine a bootstrap alert style.

I added class and ID.

golfads Is there any parameter/configuration to remove this text for public and registered users please?

This sign is usualy shown only on pages where potentialy articles coulb be listed. On pages were submission is not allowed it is hidden.

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
11 Apr 2014 06:53

Hi,

Thanks everyone, the override option works fine for me, just wanted not to know this text to users who do not have the right to add records, with the override option, it's fine.

Thanks,

Tomy