golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
07 Jan 2014 06:42

Hi,

I know this is already implemented in the integration between Cobalt and Emerald but for now, we do not have the necessary budget to invest to purchase a subscription for Emerald.

Instead, we are using Payplans that we already purchase a subscription prior to start using Cobalt.

In the type configuration, under the submission tab, there is a field where we can add the link to send the author when a record is submitted.

Is it possible to have a field to add a link where to send a user is he does not have necessary right (subscription) to add/edit records?

We have already created all necessary subscription plans in Payplans and create all necessary user-type as well to give them access respectively, but if we are able to set the subscription link in the submission configuration, that will be just awesome!

This way, we can redirect user who are trying to add new record to purchase necessary packages, that will definitely increase our income ;-)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Jan 2014 23:04

Is it possible to have a field to add a link where to send a user is he does not have necessary right (subscription) to add/edit records?

That is not possible because we do not know at what point and how other extension detects that access is not allowed. I mean Cobalt have to receive access state from Payplans somehow to know that although it is allowed in Cobalt tit is not in Payplan.

I ерштл this king of logic should be done in Payplan.

Or another way is check access in submit form template by directly querying DB tables or using Payplan API if it has, and redirect user if there is no access.