golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
26 Dec 2013 16:57

Hi,

I know that Cobalt is worked out mainly for frontend usage, however, when we configure Cobalt not to automatically approve a record but set it as pending (unpublished) till the site admin validate the record, validation needs to be made in backend, guess I am right.

However, when a record is saved and needs to be validated, we need to do it in backend, but when we try to activate the record in backend, we get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/golfplus/public_html/administrator/components/com_cobalt/controllers/records.php on line 34

and the record is not published. I am using Cobalt v.8.457 on Joomla 3.2.1.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
30 Dec 2013 03:06

Hi Sergey,

Have you been able to look at this issue please? I know we are quite close to New Year celebration, if you could please have a quick look at this, that will really help. Thanks.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Dec 2013 07:44

There is a problem in a fiel that is indicated in the error.

2 ways.

1. Edit file and change line 34-38

<<<<<<< HEAD

public function getModel($name = 'Record', $prefix = 'CobaltModel', $config = array())

=======

public function &getModel($name = 'Record', $prefix = 'CobaltModel', $config = array())

44aee836c80e3e64a5b250655939011afcd3178e

to

public function getModel($name = 'Record', $prefix = 'CobaltModel', $config = array())

1. Manage from frontend. It is designed to be managed that way. In My menu you will see waits for approval. If you genertal moderator acordign Cobalt general settings or moderator with publish rights you will see there all unpublished articles.