golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
26 Dec 2013 16:53

Hi, there is a problem with the email field, I have set the email field (button) to be visible to registered users only so that a user needs to register before been able to send an inquiry to an author.

While I login to the frontpage as a simple user, I do not even see the contact button, see attached screenshot, this screenshot has been taken from Joomla default template Protostar.

You may see it live on the link http://www.golfmediaplus.com/international-golf-course-directory/user-item/67-test-user/2-private-courses/14-test-3.html and the contact button is supposed to appear in first position under the contact tab, but nothing is shown.

I can provide admin and server access if you need to check this issue.

P.S. I am using latest stable version v.8.457 of Cobalt on Joomla 3.2.1.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

golfads VIP
27 Dec 2013 05:08

That is very strange, our website is live and active! Could you please try again and let me know?

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
27 Dec 2013 12:18

This is what i see.... instead of the contact form appears "Please note that you need to register to be able to send an email inquiry to the advertiser of this golf course, to register, please click here. "

golfads VIP
27 Dec 2013 14:12

We configured our website to show contact form only to registered users, to login to the website, please use test account with username: test and password: test

This test account will be removed after debug is completed, therefore no matter to provide it to the public, I already provided access to Sergey for admin area.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
27 Dec 2013 15:38

I see, well, according to the html there really is not contact form button. Are u sure the settings are all correct?

Anyway, regarding the website. If you want opinions about it, here are a few things you could take in consideration:

1 - that chat window is really annoying... i mean... it's not easy for the users to close it.

2 - There is no "easy login" method.

3 - The search can become annoying since the user has to scroll to see aditional fields.

4 - The font u use in some parts of the website is really small, for me to read the text and find links is a bit dificult. Also there are lot's of "white spaces", that's the problem with most templates. For example, your breadcrumbs are huge... i mean... you have a very large box to insert a very small text.

5 - Overall i find the website "very white", you should use color (light colors) for some sections, specially the accordion inside the listing, it's more easy for the user to see that it's an accordion menu. (see screenshot). But i believe that this "feeling" is because your header (the logotype section) is on white background

6 - You have a "search" box (?!) below the contact accordion (it's on the screenshot), is that normal?

If you going to use a big header, increase your logo, because that's your brand... you want the users to familiarize with it and usually it's the first thing they see. If i were you i would change the header background to give color to the website, increase the logo by around 70% and change it's color to addapt.

that's only my opinion, just to let you know. Attached the screenshot with example.

I know you have a deadline for the website, even if not with time to make changes, you should considerate in the future.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Dec 2013 08:01

I could not find why email does not show. I heed FTP.