golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
03 May 2013 19:27

Hi, this might be a stupid question! But since I am quite new to Cobalt, I have no other alternative than to ask it and my apologies if it is mention somewhere else in the forum or knowledge base but could not find proper information about it.

I know there is an HTML field, but my question is, can we use this field to add a module position in it? If yes, how can we make this field none editable by frontend users?

More exactly, since Cobalt has some lack of social media (social network sharing) features, I want to use some available Joomla social bookmark and social sharing modules to place them on specific Cobalt generated item pages, so, my question is, is that possible with the HTML field or any other available field(s) within Cobalt please?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 01:18

I know there is an HTML field, but my question is, can we use this field to add a module position in it?

HTML field can be treated by Joomla plugins included loadmodule. You can use {loadposition} tag or what ever tag is used in that plugin I am not sure right now.

Do not forget to select this plugin in HTML field parameters.

I know there is an HTML field, but my question is, can we use this field to add a module position in it?

If yes, how can we make this field none editable by frontend users?

That depends. You want user to add article but not to edit? this is possible. You want user to add article but edit article instead of HTML field? This is also possible.

If yes, how can we make this field none editable by frontend users?

I want to use some available Joomla social bookmark and social sharing modules to place them on specific Cobalt generated item pages, so, my question is, is that possible with the HTML field or any other available field(s) within Cobalt please?

My suggestion to add this just as module in your Joomla. Why do you want to use this module in HTML field? You can use sharing buttons on the side of the article or at very bottom.

Or you can grab sharethis snippet and insert it into article full view template.

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
06 May 2013 06:27

Hi Sergey,

Guess you are right, better use a default joomla position and assign the module to it, was just trying to find a solution to place it within item content itself but the module position should be fine enough, thanks again.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 06:52

You can do that too. You can place module position in template and then position it absolutely штыву the article. But this is more complicated.