progressionsp VIP
Total posts: 89
29 Apr 2019 06:52

@Sergey, @pepperstreet,

Installed Cobalt 8 and Forum Pack... I'm new to Cobalt as well, so I appologize if these are basic problems:

1) How do I fix the formatting of the menu bar (Post, My Menu, etc) if it displays vertically in my template? (see image) It also interferes with the search box because of how the template is laid out.

2) Why is there a "Post topic" button/link even when the category "Allow Submit to this Category" is set to NO? How do I get the Post link to not show on categories that they are not supposed to post to?

3) Why is there a Meta tab when a regular user is posting, even though "Who Can Enter Meta" is set to Super User?

Thanks

Last Modified: 10 May 2019

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
29 Apr 2019 07:36
  1. Cobalt CCK by default is Bootstrap 2 compatible . I guess you use joomla template with newer Bootstrap 3 or Bootstrap4 for which Cobalt CCK default templates are not optimized. Can you write what Joomla template you use?

2 and 3 worked for me correctly so I can't tell you reason without more details.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Apr 2019 08:37

progressionsp 2) Why is there a "Post topic" button/link even when the category "Allow Submit to this Category" is set to NO? How do I get the Post link to not show on categories that they are not supposed to post to?

That should work corectly. Give me access to your site and I'll check.

progressionsp 3) Why is there a Meta tab when a regular user is posting, even though "Who Can Enter Meta" is set to Super User?

Because you are testing as super user?

progressionsp VIP
29 Apr 2019 19:54

Thanks for the replies... @Giori625 I'm using Joomla! 3.9.4 with the Flex (from Aplikko) template version 3.6. I was using the Light_Church (from Shape5) template before this, and although the menu displayed properly, the other features still weren't working right (there was ALWAYS a post link, even when there were no posting rights- and the Meta tab showed even though it was set to Super Users only).

Sergey- I entered Access Credetials with the original post. I'll post again in a private post.

Thanks

progressionsp VIP
29 Apr 2019 20:25

Found the problem with the Post button... I missed the setting :| so now I just need to fix the menu layout (I am searching for any other causes of the Meta tab showing)

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
30 Apr 2019 07:56

Your tempalte uses helix 3 framework, which uses Bootstrap 3. As I explained in my first comment, Cobalt is not compatible with this framework so to get good look design, you need to create custom markup template

or I can offer you one created by me. This is demo on Helix 3 (same framework as your template uses) http://forum.kpop.ge

Here you can purcahse it Forum templates it comes with List, Category index, Markup, Full view and comments templates.

If you need only markup template then here it is separately from forum templates.

progressionsp VIP
30 Apr 2019 15:51

none of the links on that page work... not the demo, not even the paypal link. Where can I see the template?cobalt template

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 May 2019 11:39

progressionsp 2) Why is there a "Post topic" button/link even when the category "Allow Submit to this Category" is set to NO? How do I get the Post link to not show on categories that they are not supposed to post to?

1) I could not find a link to forum in the menu