dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
13 Jun 2013 19:52

I have modified the Alpha Index system to work with years instead of letters. It is working beautifully, but when hovered over, it shows that 0 articles found.

Not a big deal, but thought it was worth reporting. As a result of the 0 articles found issue, I had to disable the 'only link used letters' field to get them to be links. The function does work, as shown in this screenshot.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
13 Jun 2013 21:50

Derrick,

i just went to your site to see the alpha index.

I noticed, that you have an entry from 1978 which is not covered by your index.

The other more important thing is, that your pagination is not working properly. If i go to the second page, then page 1 , prev and start will not have any impact and it will always stay on the second page.

It will go back to normal if i set and clear a filter.

Dont know if it is the reason, but make sure you have the latest build installed.

dlbass93 VIP
13 Jun 2013 22:26

Sackegesicht, I did not have the newest version, but I do now, 8.225 and I updated the media pack as well.

Thanks for pointing out the other errors, I fixed my typo in the alpha index. ._.

All of the same things are still broken, alpha index reports 0 articles, pagination breaks on page 2, and compare doesn't work at all. But, the article ID is now displayed in a black label on the Audit page, so the update did make some changes for me.

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jun 2013 22:35

i also noticed that your location filter seems not working.

Another cosmetic thing (which should be fixed by the Cobalt team) is the unnecessary highlight of number of search results. See here:

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Jun 2013 02:15

Derrick,

another comment --> the article full view. Your label is longer than 160px, so the history/owner comment label can not be seen fully.

If you change the dd and dt a little, everything will be visible.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Jun 2013 02:40

unfortunately it is not possible. Here is how we calculate

$query->select('SUBSTRING(UCASE(r.title),1,1) AS letter');

SO it only count first letter of title.

Why not to make this as field filter? Create select field and let users chose year. Then in markup template add this as links to filter.

dlbass93 VIP
14 Jun 2013 10:42

Thanks Sergey, I will give that a try.

Sackgesicht, I tried to fix the location filter, it is all turned on, but not working for me either. I'm not sure about it.

I added this code to the style section in the default template for the full view, but it wouldn't accept it, so I just shortened the title :P

.dl-horizontal dt {

width: 200px !important;

}

.dl-horizontal dd {

margin-left: 220px !important;

}