dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
13 Jun 2013 19:17

Hey, I finally found the Version Control system, it looks amazing!!! But, When I attempt to use the compare feature, it simply reloads the page but sets the filter to rid:2 (which is the id of the article I am working with)

I was expecting it to show me what fields were changed, and I found some posts that also said this should be what happens. I have created a menu item for Audit, and that is what I am using to access the Audit Trail and Version Control.

Also, I rolled an article back one version, and now I can't roll it back forward. That probably won't be an issue once compare is working for me though.

last thing, from the gear icon in the article full view, I can see the revisions, but when I click them nothing happens. When I click Manage Revisions, it takes me to the Audit menu I made.

Thanks,

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

dlbass93 VIP
13 Jun 2013 20:32

After further looking around, I realised compare doesn't work at all on my site. It sounds the same as this

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Jun 2013 01:33

was expecting it to show me what fields were changed, and I found some posts that also said this should be what happens. I have created a menu item for Audit, and that is what I am using to access the Audit Trail and Version Control.

yes, there is mistake in URLs. There is view compare but it should be diff. We had fixed it and it will work in upcoming update.

was expecting it to show me what fields were changed, and I found some posts that also said this should be what happens. I have created a menu item for Audit, and that is what I am using to access the Audit Trail and Version Control.

Also, I rolled an article back one version, and now I can't roll it back forward. That probably won't be an issue once compare is working for me though.

Why? You do not have option to rollback or it does not happen? In fact rollback works more like version switch. Does not matter if you go back or forward.

last thing, from the gear icon in the article full view, I can see the revisions, but when I click them nothing happens.

You cannot click versions. When you place mouse over it should show submenu with rollback and compare options.

Manage versions should looks like this

dlbass93 VIP
14 Jun 2013 13:06

Derrick Bass

Why? You do not have option to rollback or it does not happen? In fact rollback works more like version switch. Does not matter if you go back or forward.

I have the option to rollback, and it works, but there is no way to go back to v4 from v3 for example. It isn't a problem if that is the way it is supposed to be.

Derrick Bass

Derrick Bass

last thing, from the gear icon in the article full view, I can see the revisions, but when I click them nothing happens.

You cannot click versions. When you place mouse over it should show submenu with rollback and compare options.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, this screenshot is what I was trying to click, and cannot.

My manage revisions looks mostly the same as yours,

Sergey
17 Jun 2013 01:18

I have the option to rollback, and it works, but there is no way to go back to v4 from v3 for example. It isn't a problem if that is the way it is supposed to be.

Why? Try to rollback to version 2 and you will see your s\version 5 and 6 are still there.

You manage version is the audit log rather than version manager.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, this screenshot is what I was trying to click, and cannot.

Yes I confirm. Those parameter are unclickable. Those menu elements have to have subelements which are clickable.

19 Jun 2013 09:42

Why? Try to rollback to version 2 and you will see your s\version 5 and 6 are still there.

I can't figure out why, but, like you said, the newer revisions are still there after going back to an older one, but when I click to roll to the newer on, nothing happens, at all.

You manage version is the audit log rather than version manager.

Thanks, I think I am getting the hang of this. My biggest issue was the dropdowns always build to the right, even if that goes off-screen. By using the gear on the list page I found what you were talking about. When you click anything to do with comparing or version management, the page just refreshes. If it is working as it should for everyone else, I will gladly reinstall my Cobalt if there is a good way to back it up so I don't lose everything.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this, you guys are awesome!

Sergey
20 Jun 2013 00:01

Better give me access and I'll check. But please wait todays update. May be it wil be fixed there.

dlbass93 VIP
20 Jun 2013 12:43

I updated to the newest version, 8.231 and it is still broken. Login details below

Hidden text

Sergey
21 Jun 2013 02:13

After investigation it turned out Artio SEF is the reason. If i turn it off everything works fine. It is just does not understand URLs properly.

dlbass93 VIP
21 Jun 2013 14:35

Thank you Sergey, I thought I had already turned that off. I apologize.