dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
25 May 2013 21:11

I cannot figure out why the comments editor box doesn't show on my site. The toggle editor button is there, but it does nothing. And when you click the post comment button, you get an error saying the comment field is required.

site: http://928registry.928oc.org

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
25 May 2013 23:20

Derrick,

i remember there was an issue with tiny_mce, but i just can not recall it at the moment.

A temporary fix would be to install the free JCE (JoomlaContentEditor) as an replacement.

Sackgesicht VIP
25 May 2013 23:25

Just went to your site ...

See the JS errors ...

Btw, i love the 928 :D

(coming from a former 944S owner)

Sackgesicht VIP
26 May 2013 17:58

If JCE is your default, i remember that one time i had to activate the front end profile under the JCE components settings. Please try this ..

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 May 2013 18:05

Btw, i love the 928

OT - Best "kugel-heck-design" ever ;-)

pepperstreet VIP
26 May 2013 18:22

BTW, the topic title dragged me over here...

I thought you are talking about a missing Editor-Choice in type settings. My second thought: Your errors are related to an unset editor-choice parameter, that might have find the way into the last Cobalt release... but unfortunately it is not available, yet ;-)

Sackgesicht VIP
27 May 2013 01:18

I just saw an answer on another tread.

Check also under TYPES -- General Parameters -- Comment template parameters.

dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
27 May 2013 10:18

WOOHOO YOU GUYS FIXED IT!!!! Now we can have comments! The interesting this is, I uninstalled JCE and everything worked fine. Put JCE back and it was broken again. So, I checked the Front-end Profile, and that was disabled, enabled it, no good. Put it back off. Then I went to Cobalt > Types > General Parameters > Content Template Parameters, like you said above, changed that from TinyMCE to JCE, re-enabled the front-end template for public, guest, and registered users only, and VOILA!

So, it was a compounded problem, but is fixed now. Cobalt can be difficult to wrap your head around, but it is soooo powerful!

P.S. my 928 is nearly a basket-case as you can see from the photos, but some of the guys in the 928OC have some amazing and near factory perfection examples. One day I will have nursed mine back to about half that good...

Thanks again!

pepperstreet VIP
27 May 2013 11:11

JCE, re-enabled the front-end template for public, guest, and registered users only,

Sorry, forgot about that known issue! Can be tricky and often overlooked! Had the same issue in ME Resources and first upgrade to JCE v2. Glad you managed it on your own.